Gregory Polanco time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregory Polanco time?

Well, probably not. Snider will get first crack to step in. BUT, one of the hurdles to Polanco's arrival, Tabata, left today with possible concussion after colliding with LF wall, maybe a DL stint ahead for him? Still don't think we see the kid 'til June but something to keep an eye on...maybe they'll be inspired by HOU calling up Springer...

UPDATE: Jose Tabata has been diagnosed with "mild" concussion-like symptoms. Tabata had to leave Wednesday's game after colliding with the left field wall. Even though his concussion symptoms are apparently "mild," the Pirates are surely going to place him on the 7-day concussion DL. Travis Snider would see a bump in playing time with Tabata out.
    Last edited by Msaint; 04-16-2014, 02:22 PM.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Snider was already playing most of the time; Tabata was just starting because Hurdle gave Marte a day off for doing something dumb.

I don't think they'll do it, but the Pirates do need a spark. More than likely they'll just call up Lambo. After all this is a team playing Ishikawa rather than a real solution at 1B. Then again Polanco is completely murdering Triple-A so you never know.

Comment

Lots of speculation in Yahoo leagues on Polanco right now. I keep seeing him trending upwards in transactions.
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Exactly, DJBeasties....which is why, screw it, I snagged Polanco anyway. He's gotta be up June at the latest, right? (And this is a 3-Yr keeper league, and I only had to drop Daniel Webb for him -- I liked Webb to take over for Londstrom, but I'm good in the 'pen right now). Figured it was worth the risk to use a roster spot on Polanco if he might be a solid keeper for next three years. I always put decisions like this through a "Would I be pissed if someone else dropped a low-end reliever and grabbed PLAYER X before I did?" filter and Polanco passed that test. Springer did, too but someone else grabbed him. Eyeing Archie Bradley/Byron Buxton the same way.

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        UTIL- Benintendi
        IL: Buxton

Comment

Polanco was taken at my leagues auction for $9. We are a 4 year keeper league.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
            Exactly, DJBeasties....which is why, screw it, I snagged Polanco anyway. He's gotta be up June at the latest, right? (And this is a 3-Yr keeper league, and I only had to drop Daniel Webb for him -- I liked Webb to take over for Londstrom, but I'm good in the 'pen right now). Figured it was worth the risk to use a roster spot on Polanco if he might be a solid keeper for next three years. I always put decisions like this through a "Would I be pissed if someone else dropped a low-end reliever and grabbed PLAYER X before I did?" filter and Polanco passed that test. Springer did, too but someone else grabbed him. Eyeing Archie Bradley/Byron Buxton the same way.
            Wow - Bradley and Buxton are available? How big is your bench (I'm assuming your league doesn't have spots designated for minor leaguers)?
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Yeah, mine is a redraft league so no MiLB player spots and a daily transaction league. If he seems imminent (next week or so) I want to scoop him up. If not, continue to wait.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                Yeah, mine is a redraft league so no MiLB player spots and a daily transaction league. If he seems imminent (next week or so) I want to scoop him up. If not, continue to wait.
                Can you stash him on your bench until he gets called up? I

did that with some dude in April 2012..turned out pretty good..dude was Mike Trout...
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Snagged him for a buck, hoping he gets the call soon.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                    Wow - Bradley and Buxton are available? How big is your bench (I'm assuming your league doesn't have spots designated for minor leaguers)?
                    Nope, re-draft, 3 keepers, no MiLB bench spots specifically. Just 5 bench spots total (18 daily starters), fill em however you want: 5 SPs, 5 relievers, 5 catchers, 5 minor leaguers, 5 bat boys, whatever. Well, maybe not bat boys, though some of them might hit for higher average than my Billy Hamilton this year

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi