what to expect in trade for bradley or semien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to expect in trade for bradley or semien

have bradley in my minor leagues (until he loses rookie eligibility) and semien on my bench.

have an owner who is in building mode, and wants one or both of them.

but he's giving me crap offers so far (for example, davidson for bradley), which are easy to just say no to, but i'm wondering what i should realistically be expecting for a roughly 50-ish ranked prospect (both of them are, in rhd's list)?
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Bradley is the 2nd most owned prospect among CBS leagues, I'd expect at least a stud for him and would probably hold out for more.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

problem is, if you hold out, and Bradley comes up and gets rocked in his first 2 starts, his stock will (mostly unfairly) plummet - and plummet more than it will rise, probably, should he do pretty well out of the gate. So you have about 6 weeks.

I would shoot for a solid, consistent lame duck that helps you in your most important category of need if you're going for it this year. and of course better still if you get multiple nibbles....
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

i think you both thought i was talking about archie bradley.

i'm talking about jackie bradley, jr.

apologies for not being more clear!
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
          i think you both thought i was talking about archie bradley.

i'm talking about jackie bradley, jr.

apologies for not being more clear!

I thought you were talking about Jackie but I own him in The Pony league so that is probably why.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Auction league? What are their salaries? I assume they're cheap.

I'd want someone close to a stud for either one of those guys. I'd want more for Bradley than Semien. I'd make clear to him that I want a dramatic upgrade in terms of current output.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect much from a guy who's starting with crap offers. Make what you consider to be a reasonable offer (like Bradley for, say, an expensive Jose Bautista or Choo or Justin Upton or something like that) and be clear that this is the only type of offer you'll be willing to consider.
            A stud for those two guys?? I didn't think either Bradley Jr or Semien has much upside?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              I don't know why you thought that. Bradley has been a top prospect for two years now. A top 50 prospect who's already in the majors (Bradley topped out at #31) should garner a very nice return. And I said someone close to a stud. I don't think Bradley would net you Miguel Cabrera, but I laid out some probably expensive options that Bradley should be worth.
              I just have always thought of him as more of a OF3 for fantasy purposes. And no way would i give a stud for that. But hey, I could be very wrong wouldn't be the first time...

I guess it depends on how good bryanbutler feels his chances to win this year are.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I just have always thought of him as more of a OF3 for fantasy purposes. And no way would i give a stud for that. But hey, I could be very wrong wouldn't be the first time...

I guess it depends on how good bryanbutler feels his chances to win this year are.
                It probably depends on the dynamics of the league. I am in different leagues with different dynamics. In one, a guy like Bradley at a very cost controlled price could fetch a 2-1 or even 3-1 in the right circumstances at the dumping deadline. In another, you probably don't get anyone as high as eldiablo suggested.

Comment

it's a very deep league, and our rules favor prospects pretty heavily with their contracts, so bradley should garner good value. that's what i was thinking anyway, and what you all have said verifies it.

semien i got in dollar days (truly for $1) this year. which means his salary structure going forward is slightly worse than bradley's, but not much...

Comment

$29 cespedes or $24 kemp are his best chips. he has a $40 cano, but i doubt he'd go for that...

Comment

which do you like better though? i haven't actually seen kemp play yet (aside from a few AB on @MLB); seems to be mixed opinions in the kemp thread. maybe i roll the dice and go for that one and kemp is back to his old self though...

Comment

i'm thinking that too. i'll offer it and see what the response is.

Comment

he declined on kemp but took cespedes, so i pulled the string ...

Comment

Working...
                          X