Would you rather? Dylan Bundy or Matt Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you rather? Dylan Bundy or Matt Harvey

Who would you rather have between Bundy and Harvey for the next 3 years (this year, next year, and the following year). Both recovering from surgery - Bundy has the advantage that he should be back in a few months but Harvey has the advantage of actually showing that he can pitch in the majors, unlike Bundy. But who knows how either of them will recover from surgery so there's risk with both.

Bundy is at $1, Harvey is at $7 (not a huge price difference in our league). Normal Categories + Quality Starts.
    Dylan Bundy
    0%
    Matt Harvey
    0%

Bundy has proven squat so far...I'll take the guy who I know can pitch extremely well at the major league level and will probably be even better once he has recovered.

Comment

8-0 vote for Harvey already, looks like we have a winner. I thought some may be scared off by the surgery but I guess not!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        8-0 vote for Harvey already, looks like we have a winner. I thought some may be scared off by the surgery but I guess not!
        The thing is that Bundy had the same surgery. If Bundy comes back this year and looks good, it is a much closer call.

Comment

Good points CB and ElD - thanks

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Bundy could be just as valuable or more valuable at this time next year, he just hasn't proven nearly as much as Harvey has. If Harvey had gone down before last season, they would be about even.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              Don't get me wrong, Bundy could be just as valuable or more valuable at this time next year, he just hasn't proven nearly as much as Harvey has. If Harvey had gone down before last season, they would be about even.
              Agreed - I have one spot available for one of them and if I'm banking on that one spot solely on potential then I have a higher shot of hitting on that potential with someone who has already done it before. I think Bundy is going to be a top of the line guy but until he proves it, he's still just a top prospect. And, as we all know, TINSTAAPP...

Comment

Harvey has also proven himself to be rather head strong.

Comment

Is Bundy actually healthy and pitching? If he is I would take him. TJ is still a crapshoot. Neither gives you much this year.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Is Bundy actually healthy and pitching? If he is I would take him. TJ is still a crapshoot. Neither gives you much this year.
                    He's throwing bullpens at the moment; fastballs and recently added change ups. No breaking stuff yet. He's still a month from any game action.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      He's throwing bullpens at the moment; fastballs and recently added change ups. No breaking stuff yet. He's still a month from any game action.
                      Yep - per Rotoworld (yesterday)
                      Dylan Bundy (elbow) threw 35 pitches in a bullpen session Monday.
                      Bundy mixed in his changeup during the session and Orioles manager Buck Showalter said that he should be ready to incorporate his breaking ball soon. Barring any setbacks, it looks like he could be a factor for Baltimore by midseason. Apr 14 - 4:41 PM

JC - you're saying you'd lean towards Bundy because he's pitching now but then also said that TJ Surgery is a crapshoot so wouldn't that apply to Bundy also?

Comment

Well, at least Bundy is on his way back. What if Harvey has a setback? He'll be limited in 2015, but he will probably outpitch Bundy in 2016.

Yes TJ is a crapshoot but if Bundy was on the other side of it... I honestly didn't know where Bundy was. I think if he isn't going to be ready till mid-season I would take Harvey.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          Harvey has also proven himself to be rather head strong.
                          Why? Because he wanted to rehab in NY instead of Florida?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Why? Because he wanted to rehab in NY instead of Florida?
                            He also didn't want to have the surgery and was the one fighting the course of action from what I remember hearing. Everyone rehabs in Florida, but I can't blame him for not wanting to spend any more time than he has to in Port. St. Sleepy

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              He also didn't want to have the surgery and was the one fighting the course of action from what I remember hearing. Everyone rehabs in Florida, but I can't blame him for not wanting to spend any more time than he has to in Port. St. Sleepy
                              Dude just went from one supermodel to the next -- can you blame him for wanting to stay up here?

Comment

Working...
                              X