Thoughts on Jesse Chavez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Jesse Chavez

I snagged him last week and started him this week, because he seemed to have two relatively easy starts ahead of him. He was great tonight. He seems to have come completely out of nowhere, so my inclination is to ride the hot start until the fluke runs its course, but I watched some of the game tonight, and he looked good...like maybe a legit decent starter, and very far from a player given away for cash considerations just a couple of years ago.

Anyone have any insight into this 30 year old out of nowhere starter? There aren't many cases I can think of someone with his lack of pedigree turning good for long at this age and with this long, long history of sucking. Is Chavez just pitching way over his head and destine to crash back to obscurity, or is there a chance he ends up being decent all year? How well will have to pitch to keep his job if/when Griffin comes back?

He learned how to throw a great cutter. Rivera was only a few years younger when he did the same and look where it took him. Longevity will be his biggest weakness as his career high is 67.1 IPs back in 2009.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I just picked him up and started him thisweek too...I say ride it out until like late May or early June and then try and sell (hopefully with his value still high). As good as he has looked, I dont see him lasting all season with such a huge workload increase.

Comment

Was impressed with what I saw last night but that's not a pitcher that is going to make it 150 innings in a season.

Comment

Working...
        X