I'm a Maroon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Maroon

The league that I have played in for many years - which was fairly skilled and competitive - went in to the crapper after too many pissing contests last season, so now I am only in one league. It's with my uncle-in-law and it's a bunch of old dudes who have been doing this league since 1986. It's a 10 team weekly points-based league with fairly small rosters. You know the level of the league you're playing in when the most common phrase during the draft is "who's that?" or "Who does he play for?"

Anyway, I completely overhtought myself last week and cost me a win. After getting scared about Braun's thumb injury and seeing the thread here on RJ, I benched him for...Josh Hamilton. His Tuesday alone cost me over 40 points (bonus points for 3+ homers in a game).

Then, in my ultimate wisdom, switched Cashner at the deadline for Jordan Zimmermann. By bye 50 points (bonus points for CG, Shutout and 1 hitter)

FML

Ah the fortunes of fantasy baseball!!

I was ready to bench Colon yesterday against the Angels and decided not to..I too chose poorly...
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Bugs says it best:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I hope you weren't expecting anyone here to disagree with the title......
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
          I hope you weren't expecting anyone here to disagree with the title......
          Heck, I clicked on it wondering whether there was going to be an explanation or whether it would just say something like "'nuff said"

Comment

I'm surprised that this has anything to do with fantasy baseball.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Obviously Friar the moral of the story is: Stop Thinking. I'm sure you'll do great.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I expected nothing less

Comment

i was already in that club before either of you. in real mock, i had darvish on the bench for his first start, and pineda on the bench for his last one. sigh.

although i was thinking it was more of a blue than a maroon...
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

this morning, i benched junior lake to make a spot for chase headley. /sigh
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                      this morning, i benched junior lake to make a spot for chase headley. /sigh
                      Gotta love this game!!!

Comment

The guy who was in 1st place (a Cards fan), picked up Lyons and started him. Love it!
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                        X