Would you rather? Billy Hamilton or Oscar Taveras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you rather? Billy Hamilton or Oscar Taveras

Who would you rather have between Billy Hamilton and Oscar Taveras for the next 3 years (this year, next year, and the following year). Obviously Hamilton is in the bigs right now and could help (or hurt) you right now but taking into account this year + the next 2 years, which of the two would you rather have?

Each at $5. Normal Categories + OPS.
    Billy Hamilton
    0%
    Oscar Taveras
    0%

Good question. I think it would depend a lot on what I needed NOW. In real baseball, Taveras is the better player, but Hamilton's SB upside is golden for fantasy. So, would I rather have Hamilton and have to buy power and OBA from other sources, or have Taveras and need to scrounge steals? Honestly, I think I'd rather need the steals. There always seems to be steals available cheap. What Taveras has is never cheap. (And he can steal bases too, but just not like Hamilton.)

Comment

3 years Hamilton....he's already playing. He's gonna produce + value even if he gets relegated to favorable matchups and pinch running. I'll take three full years of stats over two years and whatever (if any meaningful) time Tavares gets this year.

If it was 5 years I would go with Tavares.
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I take Taveras. Hamilton unless he can prove he can hit in the ML he will only be an asset in SB. Not to mention if you don't hit or get on base why on earth would any team carry a starting OFer hitting below .240. His best role might be a 4th OFer and pinch running in games. If Hamilton can get his OBP to .330 or better than his value would be something great. If he is at .300 or below then he becomes a memory down the road.

Taveras OTHO has shown far better skills and is only a matter of time. He might even be worth more this season than Hamilton when all set and done.

Comment

I have almost no confidence that Oscar gets a significant number of ABs this year. Which is a shame because a 6x6 league with OPS as an extra category really, really crushes Hamilton's value. Honestly my real vote is neither; whichever of them you have is overhyped and you should trade them for player C.

But if I was forced to choose I guess I'd take Hamilton.

Comment

I was going to vote for Dee Gordon (.400 AVG, 9 SB so far)

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              I have almost no confidence that Oscar gets a significant number of ABs this year. Which is a shame because a 6x6 league with OPS as an extra category really, really crushes Hamilton's value. Honestly my real vote is neither; whichever of them you have is overhyped and you should trade them for player C.

But if I was forced to choose I guess I'd take Hamilton.
              I think this is where I was leaning - if I had better inclination that Taveras would get some AB's this year, I'd lean towards him. But maybe you're right and maybe the trade market is where both of them belong.

10 votes into the poll, we're tied 5-5. Seems like an even split - just depends on if you're a Hamilton or Taveras believer.

Comment

My disclaimer - as a Reds fan I am usually biased against their prospects. I don't see Hamilton hitting enough to make use of his speed. He will help in steals but really hurt the average and give you nothing in the other categories. I don't think Taveras will help this year but the next two years he will.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  I think this is where I was leaning - if I had better inclination that Taveras would get some AB's this year, I'd lean towards him. But maybe you're right and maybe the trade market is where both of them belong.

10 votes into the poll, we're tied 5-5. Seems like an even split - just depends on if you're a Hamilton or Taveras believer.
                  Well looks like I spoke too soon - next 5 votes all went to Taveras!

Comment

Working...
                  X