Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to acquire a starting pitcher...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to acquire a starting pitcher...

Keeper league, regular 5x5, how would you rank these guys for the future ($2 or 20% growth of salary, year to year)

Cingrani $2
    Cueto $2
    Darvish $27
    J. Fernandez $2
    Wainwright $5
    J. Zimmerman $5

I'm hoping a $2 B Hamilton and a $6 A Reed or some other combo could get a starter from a team stacked with them.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Jose Fernandez...a thousand times Jose Fernandez. I'd follow that with Wainwright and then Zimmerman. Darvish is great, but his price seems to be really out of line with the rest.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

You can't go wrong with either Fernandez at 2 or Waino at 5. As elD noted, though, there's no way I'd part with either for a $2 Hamilton and a $6 Reed. If I were desperate for saves and steals, I might deal JZim at 5 for them.

That being said, if you're in "win now" mode, go after Darvish. Maybe the owner will let him go more cheaply due to his higher price tag.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I wouldn't do those deals either from his end, but at least it's a starting point to get one of his pitchers. Is there any on that list that Reed/Hamilton be TOO much to give up for?

My SP is weak, and frankly I'm looking more next year. I have a $2 Sale, $2 Liriano, and $1 Haren I got in dollar days in the draft. I know it sounds terrible to look to next year already, but about 4 teams are just loaded with good keepers...and really good players at that. This same team that has these pitchers has Trout, Puig, and Freeman all at $2. It's sickening.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I'd roll the dice on Hamilton/Reed at those prices over Cueto.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

He didn't want to do a two for one trade, so he accepted only Hamilton for Zimmerman.

Comment

Working...
            X