Clear All

• Matt Moore leaves injured

Looks like something with his bicep/tricep

Last few pitches on the radar gun are troubling

Who is the next man
    up in his spot? If he misses any time.

Comment

They're saying elbow soreness now - MRI tomorrow

Either Cesar Ramos slots in for the spot (since he was already stretched out in camp) or they call up Bedard

Comment

Ouch! I hope this isn't another one, this seems to be the spring of TJ.
        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
          Ouch! I hope this isn't another one, this seems to be the spring of TJ.
          I hope not too. Moore's career to date has been unrealized potential. He was so filthy in the minors. It would be a shame for a major injury to further derail what seemed to be such a promising career. There have been warning signs about his arm for awhile now though, so this might be something serious, despite the Rays optimism.

Comment

Team is saying elbow soreness after throwing a changeup and that Moore lobbied to stay in the game.

I'm going to throw the bullshit flag on that because nothing in Moore's body language looked like he wanted to be on the mound at that moment.

Comment

Tough to count Niemann since his arm was shredded coming out of the draft, but the Rays have had a remarkable record in keeping their pitchers healthy...until last year when 4 starters hit the DL

Comment

Agreed - he looked like something decisive and painful happened in that elbow. MRI was today, right? When will we hear results?

Comment

uh oh

Matt Moore (elbow) will receive a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews.
                  Rays executive vice president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said Tuesday that the first MRI on Moore's left elbow was inconclusive. It's never a good sign when a pitcher goes to see Dr. Andrews, but Friedman did add that Moore feels good. A clearer picture on the left-hander's status will be available after the meeting with Andrews, which will occur before the end of the week.
                  Source: Marc Topkin on Twitter
                  Apr 8 - 6:37 PM

He was also placed on the DL today....

Comment

Dr. Andrews is on the Rays team payroll, fwiw.

Comment

I feel crappy. Two months ago I traded an under contract through 2015 Moore to one of the owners I like in my league. A real stand up guy, the type of owner you wish you could fill an entire league with. I hope he doesnt feel like I saw this coming and dumped damaged goods on him. But I did see this coming.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Not good news --- https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...14987530219520

Comment

So, is there a correlation between increased scrutiny of, and penalties for PED use and the increases in injuries, especially to pitchers?
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            So, is there a correlation between increased scrutiny of, and penalties for PED use and the increases in injuries, especially to pitchers?
                            funny you mention that - I was thinking on the weekend how velocity overall seems to be down a bit this year - most P's I'm watching are in the low 90's, even most closers I've seen sit around 93/94 ... and wondered if it might be related to PED scrutiny as well.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I'm not at all convinced that there is a PED that makes your UCL more durable. If anything, increased velocity correlates with increased incidence of TJ surgery, so less PEDs would equal LESS arm injuries.

Comment

Working...
                              X