Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy to keep Giancarlo over Votto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I crazy to keep Giancarlo over Votto?

Heading into draft in Vegas this weekend, have been offered Joey V. for G. Stanton in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5, straight-draft (no $$). Two months ago I would have jumped at this offer, particularly with Giancarlo's decreased production last season due to injuries. However, have grown enamored with Stanton in the early going, especially after he swiped two bags early.

Thoughts on this trade offer?

BTW, here are my current 10 keepers: Stanton, Holliday, Heyward, A Gon., Headley, Revere, Hamels, Cashner, Cingrani and Kimbrel.

Also, a little concerned about lack of OF depth. Like the idea of only having to fill one OF position. More options at CI.

Is this a dynasty league? If you can keep guys forever, I don't think you are crazy. Votto is a great, great real world player. In an OBP league, he is a great roto asset too, but since you don't specify, I assume yours is a BA league.

Stanton has a disturbing injury history so far, but he still has all of the upside in the world. Despite the risk he carries, I think he is the better dynasty player. Stanton has more 45+ homer run seasons in front of him than Votto has 100 RBI seasons. Hell, Votto may never hit 100 rbis again. His approach at the plate is just not as roto friendly as Stanton's. Stanton is also over 6 years younger.

Comment

Go with Stanton. He looks phenomenal so far. Why can't he keep it up?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

In a dynasty I am taking Stanton but still worried he doesn't stay in the NL long-term. It's close. But the Reds aren't exactly stocked with OBP machines at the top so I'm not sure Votto's RBI chances will improve, even if he does do a better job cashing them in.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          In a dynasty I am taking Stanton but still worried he doesn't stay in the NL long-term. It's close. But the Reds aren't exactly stocked with OBP machines at the top so I'm not sure Votto's RBI chances will improve, even if he does do a better job cashing them in.
          I forgot about the trade risk. That is definitely something to consider. Votto isn't going anywhere for a long, long time. There is a more than 0% chance that Stanton could be in the AL by the end of this year.

Comment

Working...
          X