Oh My, Matt Kemp is BACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh My, Matt Kemp is BACK!

2-2, 2 Homers. I think he's healthy enough....
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

more like Matt Cain is gone

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      more like Matt Cain is gone
      Why do you say this? He had a killer 2nd half last year and his velocity is fine.

Comment

At first, I thought this post was alluding to a Matt Kemp back injury. Thanks for terrifying me there, Horns

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Why do you say this? He had a killer 2nd half last year and his velocity is fine.
          Life on pitches has not looked good - just repeating what I've heard from a couple of evaluators this month.

Here is his swing and miss rates since 2009, in order: 21.2%, 20.6%, 22.3%, 22.3%, 20.3%......and 14.3% this season.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            So, pretty much consistent for five straight years (and now a sample size of two starts).
            Yeah, I mean we're talking about 11 innings here. I'm not ready to write the guy off yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Kemp's swings were an absolute thing of beauty. It sure looked like the Kemp of old out there, if even for just one night. Pretty exciting as a Dodger fan!
              That's exactly what I was getting at, the opposite field homer was vintage Kemp. My biggest regret this season is not going hard enough after Kemp...got him in one league, should have bid enough for another.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                That's exactly what I was getting at, the opposite field homer was vintage Kemp. My biggest regret this season is not going hard enough after Kemp...got him in one league, should have bid enough for another.
                I had 113 units to spend on 15 players. Kemp going once, twice...40! Kemp going once twice, sold. I was the guy at $39.

I was also the guy at $38 for Heyward who went for $39.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Life on pitches has not looked good - just repeating what I've heard from a couple of evaluators this month.

Here is his swing and miss rates since 2009, in order: 21.2%, 20.6%, 22.3%, 22.3%, 20.3%......and 14.3% this season.
                  Given velocity is good but movement isn't, should we buy low now if we can?
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Whelp, he went 1-15 with a homer following that 2 homer game, so maybe it shouldn't be your biggest regret juuuuuuust yet. Looks like the jury is still deliberating.

Comment

Nope...this is called knocking the rust off after missing most of a year. You look at him swing, you look at the way he moves, and I'm totally convinced that he's back. Early in the season, everything is exaggerated, especially a 1-15...in July, it's not even noticed.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Nope...this is called knocking the rust off after missing most of a year. You look at him swing, you look at the way he moves, and I'm totally convinced that he's back. Early in the season, everything is exaggerated, especially a 1-15...in July, it's not even noticed.
                        It is interesting how we see what we want to see. To me, he HAS looked better, but I'm going to have to see more before I proclaim him Returned From the Abyss. One great game and a 1-15 stretch just seems too contradictory to draw firm conclusions either way. But, feel free to drink that KoolAid all day long if you want. I'll pass... for now.

Comment

Working...
                        X