Week one rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week one rant

So I decide to go heavy for hitting in my AL only league, figuring my staff was OK to begin with and I can grab go pitching in season via trade or being aggressive with FA's.

My lineup:
    C Conger $1 (kept)
    C McCann $28
    1B Abreu $30
    3B Beltre $30 (kept)
    CI Machado $11 (kept) replaced with Barton
    2B Sizemore $1 (kept) still looking for a replacement
    SS Andrus $28
    MI Profar $6 (kept) replaced with Izturis
    OF A. Garcia $1 (kept)
    OF Myers $6 (kept)
    OF Gordon $26
    OF Viciedo $12 (kept)
    OF Guyer $1
    DH Butler $24

P Darvish $16 (kept)
    P Lackey $3 (kept)
    P Lewis $1 (kept)
    P Soria $6 (kept)
    P McGee $2 (kept)
    P Odorizzi $6 (kept)
    P Masterson $17
    P Pomerantz $1
    P Workman $1

So as we come in to the last day of week one I am sitting on a goose egg for HR's----zero, zip, nada, zilch! Go figure. My pitching is 4-0 however with 2 of my starters yet to throw a pitch (Darvish, Lewis) I hope by the end of next week to have more HR's than wins......
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

I get a feeling that we're not going to see machado until the All-Star break or so...even then it's less than a year from tearing that knee up. I suspect that it's pretty much going to be a lost year for owners of the kid...

You do have a few other holes as well, Viciedo isn't playing much, Sizemore isn't playing at all, and Conger isn't playing enough either. I got screwed by Tank and Saunders in my AL only league...seriously, Abraham Almonte????

On a positive note, your pitching should be really good.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I hope you're wrong with Machado, I would settle for Mid-May. Between him and Profar I am hoping to stay in the hunt until the break and then move a bat for an arm....

Comment

In the RJEL, I sank $88 into Fielder and Beltre to be the core of my power on my team and they have ZERO between them.

But, wait, I'm first in HRs without them, and first overall. Perhaps, I should be patient.

Comment

Got my first long ball--thank you Elvis Andrus. It led to a W for Yu and a S for Soria! Always love the domino effect when it goes in the right direction.

Comment

I'm going to post here daily until two things right themselves: 1) there are no AL players with more HR's than my team and 2) I have more HR than Wins

4/7/13
            Got another W, no HR's

YTD: 6 wins, 1 HR
            # of AL players with more HR than my team: 15

Comment

6 Wins? Quit complaining. My whole team has 5 and 4 of those were on my bench. I should have sat Verlander and started Cody Allen. I do have my HRs all the up to 5 which is tied with Trumbo. Trout with one on opening day and I sat at 1 until last weekend.

Comment

Uehara and Frieri have combined for 1 save for me.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Finally a good night, albeit in Colorado for my AL boys from the south side. 2 HR's each from Abreu and Garcia. No wins, but Workman pitched well and was sent to AAA to stretch out. It's rare that a player who is performing well and gets sent down may be a good thing for your fantasy team, but in this case it just might be. With Doubront's struggles if Workman can grab the 5th starter position he may be a nice addition (or trade chip @ $1) down the road.

YTD: 6 wins, 5 HR
                  # of AL players with more HR than my team:0

Things are looking better!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                    Finally a good night, albeit in Colorado for my AL boys from the south side. 2 HR's each from Abreu and Garcia. No wins, but Workman pitched well and was sent to AAA to stretch out. It's rare that a player who is performing well and gets sent down may be a good thing for your fantasy team, but in this case it just might be. With Doubront's struggles if Workman can grab the 5th starter position he may be a nice addition (or trade chip @ $1) down the road.

YTD: 6 wins, 5 HR
                    # of AL players with more HR than my team:0

Things are looking better!
                    Last night was also the first really good night from my team; I climbed from 53.5 points (11th) to 70 (4th)!
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I looked at Edwin Jackson, saw @PIT and vs STL and said... no thanks, better bench him.

Yeah, didn't actually bench him.

*headdesk*

Comment

Archer 7 shutout innings but no win. I know people have had a 'punt saves' strategy but can you punt wins and still win the league? I am 2nd in both ERA & WHIP so if my hitters pick it up I may be able to offset my 1 point in wins.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          I looked at Edwin Jackson, saw @PIT and vs STL and said... no thanks, better bench him.

Yeah, didn't actually bench him.

*headdesk*
                          I saw the schedule and thought, "he might be fine, this early in the season". So I didn't bench him either. #haven'tIlearnedanything?
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Come on Miggy..the season started..

I know i know..he will put up the numbers, just was hoping for a really hot start.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Rant over, up to 8 HR, still at 6 Wins, unfortunately lost Garcia, but at least I know Viciedo should get regular time now....

Comment

Working...
                              X