Ms rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ms rotation

Anyone have a scoop on who is going to get bumped when Iwakuma returns? Paxton, Ramirez, and Elias are available. If Paxton's gonna stick, I'll be putting in a significant bid, but don't want to waste it if he's going to be sent down. Chris Young seems like the obvious choice to me, and he'll get hurt soon enough, so the answer is probably 'none'.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

If CY is healthy, Elias appears to be the guy to get moved. Given CY is n the mix, I'd be all over Paxton.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Paxton will stick, book it. A lefty who throw downhill at 95+ with good control is a rare beast indeed. Elias and CY will be gone , or in the pen once Iwakuma and Walker return. Damn, that's a tough rotation!
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Paxton will stick, book it. A lefty who throw downhill at 95+ with good control is a rare beast indeed. Elias and CY will be gone , or in the pen once Iwakuma and Walker return. Damn, that's a tough rotation!
        Paxton doesn't have good control. He had good control the other night, but it will come and go. He's an interesting wild card for the M's because he's always had talent but couldn't harness his stuff with enough control to be effective and he has also had both durability and stamina issues (he's had trouble carrying his velocity past 4 or 5 innings in the minors). So, in other words, his outing the other night was a shellshock to most M's fans for all that he brought to the table. He was pretty much the epitome of everything we've ever hoped he could be. I doubt he's there just yet, but it gives me a bit of hope. By far and away, however, he's the best guy of this bunch and is the most likely to stick for good.

Elias is a bit of a nobody. He's very likely the first one on the chopping block, in part because he's got options and also in part because he's the most questionably talented of the bunch. Chris Young is more talented, but less durable, so it's anybody's guess how long he'll hold up. Erasmo also has durability issues, so he's no lock to give a full season's worth of starts.

Let's wait and see how Walker and Iwakuma come back from their injuries before we get too worried. I'm still not sure we're out of the woods with either, especially on Walker.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
          Paxton doesn't have good control. He had good control the other night, but it will come and go. He's an interesting wild card for the M's because he's always had talent but couldn't harness his stuff with enough control to be effective and he has also had both durability and stamina issues (he's had trouble carrying his velocity past 4 or 5 innings in the minors). So, in other words, his outing the other night was a shellshock to most M's fans for all that he brought to the table. He was pretty much the epitome of everything we've ever hoped he could be. I doubt he's there just yet, but it gives me a bit of hope. By far and away, however, he's the best guy of this bunch and is the most likely to stick for good.

Elias is a bit of a nobody. He's very likely the first one on the chopping block, in part because he's got options and also in part because he's the most questionably talented of the bunch. Chris Young is more talented, but less durable, so it's anybody's guess how long he'll hold up. Erasmo also has durability issues, so he's no lock to give a full season's worth of starts.

Let's wait and see how Walker and Iwakuma come back from their injuries before we get too worried. I'm still not sure we're out of the woods with either, especially on Walker.
          In his 4 starts last year, he had a walk rate of 2.6 and a K rate of 7.9. In his last year at AAA ball, his walk rate was 3.6...not optimal, but certainly headed in the right direction from his 1st two seasons in the minors. I'm a buyer at this point...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I'm betting it's Young, who I think is less talented than Elias, personally, that gets bumped when the first of Walker or Iwakuma comes back.
            There saying Walker could be back as early as 10 days from now. Young just got skipped because the game was postponed last night; I think that shows who gets bumped first. Elias is likely to be second out. Nice depth in that rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              There saying Walker could be back as early as 10 days from now. Young just got skipped because the game was postponed last night; I think that shows who gets bumped first. Elias is likely to be second out. Nice depth in that rotation.
              It's funny you should say that, because I think if anyone asked M's fans what they thought of their rotation a week or so ago, it was pretty much Felix and pray for rain (with Iwakuma and Walker on the sidelines with injury). Paxton's been a wildcard for as long as I can remember, and Erasmo Ramirez, while interesting, has had too many arm issues in the last year for me to feel comfortable with him at all. Elias looked like a nobody in the Spring, but won a job predominantly because the M's only other alternatives were shitty Randy Wolf, terrible Scott Baker, or horrifically awful Blake Beavan. I think Chris Young outclasses all those guys as well as Elias in talent, but he's as brittle as they come, too, and the M's like Elias' velocity (and they don't care as much about his mediocre control, for some reason).

It's only been a week. Let's not go anointing this unit just yet. They're certainly interesting, but I'd hesitate to count on anyone here in the long run (other than Felix, of course).

Comment

Sounds like it will be a bit longer for Iwakuma and Walker

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Sounds like it will be a bit longer for Iwakuma and Walker

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/marin...s-for-a-while/
                  And longer yet .... http://www.ussmariner.com/2014/04/15...ing-a-pitcher/
                  "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                  "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                  WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                  PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
                  X