2K14: Chris Colabello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K14: Chris Colabello

Didn't do much with his opportunity in late 2013, then Mauer got moved to 1B. However, Colabello turned down a better offer in Korea to stick with the Twins.

I had my eye on him as a fill-in at CI, but he went off for 6 RBI today so my league will take notice.

How much FAAB would you spend on him?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

How much PT will he actually get? I doubt he will get 6 rbi's the rest of this month.

Comment

He's an interesting case -- played in the Independent leagues until the Twins signed him in 2012 at age 28, and then he obliterated AAA ball pitchers last year to the tune of .352/.427/.639 in almost 400 PAs. This could be his big opportunity to stick, and what exactly do the Twins have to lose? I'm checking to see who I could dump to take a shot on him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
        How much PT will he actually get? I doubt he will get 6 rbi's the rest of this month.
        He can play 1B/OF/DH so he has to hit better than Kubel, Arcia or Willingham. I can think of tougher competition.

I imagine a few owners will throw a few bucks at him so I may have to go upper-single digits to get him. I got him for 6 last year...low enough to keep him if I caught lightning in a bottle. Is he worth 8?

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          He can play 1B/OF/DH so he has to hit better than Kubel, Arcia or Willingham. I can think of tougher competition.

I imagine a few owners will throw a few bucks at him so I may have to go upper-single digits to get him. I got him for 6 last year...low enough to keep him if I caught lightning in a bottle. Is he worth 8?
          Three of the RBI's today came as the result of the outfielder basicly whiffing on a ball right to him...so he got a 2 out double and and 3 RBI because the runners were all going. So don't got nuts...but he's worth something. Just remember that he's on the bad side of the DH platoon.

And right now, both Arcia and Willingham have a better future than Colabello...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

FAAB deadline is 2AM Monday. What's the most you would go on Colabello?

Comment

another 4 RBIs for Colabello today....if you FAAB tonight, his price is skyrocketing......

Comment

I saw that. I hope no one is checking boxscores. :P

Another owner is pimping his Jesus Guzman over FAABing a CI. Myself and two other teams have holes at CI. I'm going double digits for Colabello.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  I saw that. I hope no one is checking boxscores. :P

Another owner is pimping his Jesus Guzman over FAABing a CI. Myself and two other teams have holes at CI. I'm going double digits for Colabello.
                  I'm pimping my Jesus Guzman, that's for sure! Three home runs in five games (and I don't care that one of them was over the short porch in the Alamodome).

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

His owner in my league would have to bench Nava or Lind to start him. I guess he has to consider doing it now.

Comment

These are some of the toughest decisions every season...chase after the unknown hot starter or stick with your original plan...especially when your in 11th place. I have a $1 Grossman and, while he might end up being solid, didn't do much this first week, and I doubt anyone will rush to pick him up when I cut him. Schoop is another guy I got for a buck, but he has been terrible thus far. Owings is out there, as are Aybar and LeMahieu.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        These are some of the toughest decisions every season...chase after the unknown hot starter or stick with your original plan...especially when your in 11th place. I have a $1 Grossman and, while he might end up being solid, didn't do much this first week, and I doubt anyone will rush to pick him up when I cut him. Schoop is another guy I got for a buck, but he has been terrible thus far. Owings is out there, as are Aybar and LeMahieu.
                        Yep, you have to use the "12th man" to stash players when you run out of room on the roster. You're right, no one will pick up Grossman now. You can drop him and get him back for a buck or two in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          I'm pimping my Jesus Guzman, that's for sure! Three home runs in five games (and I don't care that one of them was over the short porch in the Alamodome).
                          Nobody beats The Jesus.
                          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                          -- William James

Comment

In my 16-tm redraft leagues, Colabello went for $17 (to me, $150 FAAB to start) and $14 ($125 FAAB).

Comment

I got Colabello for $15 and Solarte for $13. ($100 FAAB)

They are in for Davidson and Hoes.
                              Last edited by virgonomic; 04-07-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X