2 days into the season, 4 projected closers already down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    Melvin says Gregerson will stay in 8th and Otero, Cook & O'Flaherty will be closer by committee depending on best match-ups.
    Argh. I got Gregerson for a $5 FAAB bid.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Argh. I got Gregerson for a $5 FAAB bid.
      some analysts are still reporting Gregerson will close. If they dont go with Gregerson that tells me Doolittle really will be back in two weeks.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• O'Flaherty named closer in OAK. He has a platoon split so not sure I understand this move.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• I have Giles, Ottavino, and Quackenbush as 2015 closer lottery tickets at 10-S2.

May be able to pick up MIA's Ramos at same price instead this week. Cost is $3 and 4th of my 6 "free moves" all year, but I'm out of contention and there won't be a ton of more chances to pick up even this caliber player.

which of the 4 would you reject?
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I have Giles, Ottavino, and Quackenbush as 2015 closer lottery tickets at 10-S2.

May be able to pick up MIA's Ramos at same price instead this week. Cost is $3 and 4th of my 6 "free moves" all year, but I'm out of contention and there won't be a ton of more chances to pick up even this caliber player.

which of the 4 would you reject?
            I'd rank them:
            Giles
            Ottavino
            Ramos
            Quackenbush

Comment

• Quack has the gig right now, Benoit to the DL.

Edit: Sorry, premature in my DL note..he's not officially DL'd yet but it doesn't sound too good. Same pain he had before, Pads out of contention, etc...

Padres closer Joaquin Benoit will be sidelined for at least a few days after experiencing more discomfort in his right shoulder, U-T San Diego reported Saturday. Kevin Quackenbush will handle the closer responsibilties until Benoit returns.

"It's all the same (discomfort)," Benoit said Saturday afternoon. "It was good for a couple of days. When I came back, I guess I didn't give it enough time for the inflammation to go away. We're trying to get everything to calm down and then start over."

Benoit was sidelined 11 days the last time he dealt with this injury. Manager Bud Black expects Benoit to pitch again this season, but he is unsure of when the right-handed reliever will return.

"When I pitched in Arizona, I felt great," Benoit said of his return to action Aug. 24. "It's a situation where you have to deal with it and let it try to get better on its own time."
              Last edited by Msaint; 09-01-2014, 08:08 AM.
              12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
              UTIL- Benintendi
              BENCH: Pence, Dyson
              SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
              RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
              IL: Buxton

Comment

• I passed on Ramos, but since I only care about 2015 mostly, I guess the main thing would be if Quack has a knack, it impacts Padres' offseason thinking?
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Quack with the Kimbrel. Save. 3 K's.

And R.Soriano has turned into quite the human cardiac arrest. Nats up 6-3. Two easy outs then walk to Puig...seeing eye single ricochets off 2B for Uribe...single to Crawford on 1-2 pitch. Nats up 6-4. Then gets Pederson on questionable 3-2 pitch (looked high/outside) to close it out.
                  Last edited by Msaint; 09-01-2014, 10:25 PM.

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• And R.Soriano has turned into quite the human cardiac arrest. ]

.... another blown save, and the Nats announcing crew are unanimous that it's time to make a change ... so are the fans at Nats Park. "Better now than later" says FP.

Comment

• So is it safe to anoint McGee the closer for TB next year? He's been so good for them, I don't see how they go in another direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boone View Post
                        And R.Soriano has turned into quite the human cardiac arrest. ]

.... another blown save, and the Nats announcing crew are unanimous that it's time to make a change ... so are the fans at Nats Park. "Better now than later" says FP.
                        Hello Clippard.

C- J.McCann
                        1B-Cron
                        2B- Villar
                        SS- Andrus
                        3B-Baez
                        MI-L. Gurriel
                        CI- Y.Gurriel
                        UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Or Storen. oops. Luckily snagged him, too. In DET, who takes over for Nathan, who looks like he's officially running on fumes, could be done: Joba? Soria when he's back?

C- J.McCann
                          1B-Cron
                          2B- Villar
                          SS- Andrus
                          3B-Baez
                          MI-L. Gurriel
                          CI- Y.Gurriel
                          UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                          X