X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up Familia off the pile yesterday. Weeeeeeeee

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
      Familia's value spiking with Mejia's calf/hernia issues. A little drama today but got the 4 out save.
      Watch this closely. Familia will undoubtedly get first crack on extended 9th inning opportunities (should Mejia be out for a while), but I wouldn't think his leash is long at all. Vic Black is pitching well and there's always been talk of his closerishness. NY may use this as an opportunity to see what they got AFTER Mejia, and possibly raise the value on a couple of these arms in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
        Watch this closely. Familia will undoubtedly get first crack on extended 9th inning opportunities (should Mejia be out for a while), but I wouldn't think his leash is long at all. Vic Black is pitching well and there's always been talk of his closerishness. NY may use this as an opportunity to see what they got AFTER Mejia, and possibly raise the value on a couple of these arms in the process.
        What chance does Black have for closing in 2015?
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• not good, he has to hurdle both of the other young guys and possibly Parnell's return as well - the incumbent.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Soriano's line in uuuuggggly blown save: 18 PC, 0.1 INN, 2 HA, BBI, 3 ER, 81.000 ERA, 9.000 WHIP. Included hit batter and wild pitch that scored a run.
            12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
            1B-Cron
            2B- Villar
            SS- Andrus
            3B-Baez
            MI-L. Gurriel
            CI- Y.Gurriel
            OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
            UTIL- Benintendi
            BENCH: Pence, Dyson
            SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
            RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
            IL: Buxton

Comment

Soriano's line in uuuuggggly blown save: 18 PC, 0.1 INN, 2 HA, BBI, 3 ER, 81.000 ERA, 9.000 WHIP. Included hit batter and wild pitch that scored a run.
              Better than Chapman's line today.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                Better than Chapman's line today.
                Sad but true.

C- J.McCann
                1B-Cron
                2B- Villar
                SS- Andrus
                3B-Baez
                MI-L. Gurriel
                CI- Y.Gurriel
                UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• I've been working with two closers all year in my 11-team NL-only and they've led me to the top of the saves chart in that league. Those two closers are Trevor Rosenthal and Rafael Soriano

Comment

• So Storen or Clippard in WAS is Soriano implodes for good? Clippard has been very good & has seemingly been the handcuff to whomever it is in WAS for a couple years now, but Fangraphs has Storen as the #2. Sounds like Williams is standing by Soriano & will let him right the ship (dreaded vote of confidence?), but still, in a pennant race even a guy who's been successful most of the year will have a short-ish leash & might get the proverbial "rest" to "clear his head."

Also, keep an eye on Holland...he's a badass & should be fine (knock wood, as an owner) but is reportedly pretty fatigued, so Wade Davis could snatch an extra save or two down the stretch.

If I'm a Rosenthal owner in a big saves battle, I'm trading Mike Trout for Neshek right now. Not really. But you know what I mean.

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

So Storen or Clippard in WAS is Soriano implodes for good? Clippard has been very good & has seemingly been the handcuff to whomever it is in WAS for a couple years now, but Fangraphs has Storen as the #2. Sounds like Williams is standing by Soriano & will let him right the ship (dreaded vote of confidence?), but still, in a pennant race even a guy who's been successful most of the year will have a short-ish leash & might get the proverbial "rest" to "clear his head."

Also, keep an eye on Holland...he's a badass & should be fine (knock wood, as an owner) but is reportedly pretty fatigued, so Wade Davis could snatch an extra save or two down the stretch.

If I'm a Rosenthal owner in a big saves battle, I'm trading Mike Trout for Neshek right now. Not really. But you know what I mean.
                      Neshek might be a better bet than Trout going forward trOUT blows.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Neshek might be a better bet than Trout going forward trOUT blows.
                        Hey Mith, we're not allowed to make fun pun's out of names, gawd forbid I ever write bor-ass again...

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                          Hey Mith, we're not allowed to make fun pun's out of names, gawd forbid I ever write bor-ass again...
                          That's right up there in the Pun Pantheon with what I called the then-underachieving Robbie Cano a few years back: Robinson CanOh-for-3-with-a-walk.

C- J.McCann
                          1B-Cron
                          2B- Villar
                          SS- Andrus
                          3B-Baez
                          MI-L. Gurriel
                          CI- Y.Gurriel
                          UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Doolittle to the 15d DL. Who is the frontrunner to replace him: Gregerson or Otero?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              Doolittle to the 15d DL. Who is the frontrunner to replace him: Gregerson or Otero?
                              has to be Gregerson.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                has to be Gregerson.
                                Melvin says Gregerson will stay in 8th and Otero, Cook & O'Flaherty will be closer by committee depending on best match-ups.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X