No announcement yet.

2 days into the season, 4 projected closers already down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was announced before the game started that Veras would not pitch today.

For all us Jones owners instead of wishing for his first save we are now waiting for his first out of the season. Today two batters, two walks, two earn runs. This is not the closer you are looking for.

Comment

And Hechavarrio had another good day at the plate. I think I've crossed over into the twilight zone.

Comment

Jones has been diagnosed as a pain in the butt. At least it being called a glute injury. Never heard this one described before.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          And Hechavarrio had another good day at the plate. I think I've crossed over into the twilight zone.
          See....I told you....but noooooooo, Hechie sucks....lol....

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
            See....I told you....but noooooooo, Hechie sucks....lol....
            Problem solved. All you need to do is activate AH and no need to trade for another MI.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              Problem solved. All you need to do is activate AH and no need to trade for another MI.
              My problem isn't my MI...because I have 2 good SS in Ramirez and Cabrera...I need a 2B...because I have Rickie (is) Weeks! Ugh!

Comment

Too bad AH isn't 2B qualed. 579 11 for 19 so far. BUT you know that as soon as you start him reality comes back. I'm enjoying him in my NL league so far.

Comment

Gregerson, Cook, or Doolittle?
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Jim Johnson just looks plain terrible. His control is awful and the occasional strikes that he somehow manages to throw are right down the pipe and get obliterated. Can't see him lasting much longer while he's pitching like this.
                    6 BBs in 3 innings....yech. Something might be wrong here.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      Gregerson, Cook, or Doolittle?
                      If they are serious about using a veteran to keep Cook and Doolittle's arb costs down, then Gregerson would be the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        If they are serious about using a veteran to keep Cook and Doolittle's arb costs down, then Gregerson would be the guy.
                        yeah thats my first guess also.
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          They seem to be the one team that doesn't care much about that...Billy seems to have the attitude that they can replace just about anyone, and so far they're right. They don't offer those "friendly" deals, they just go out and grab another spare part and fit him in somehow...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Other teams would kill to have a bullpen like the A's. All three could step in and close but since I have Gregerson in my mix league I would certainly love that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              They seem to be the one team that doesn't care much about that...Billy seems to have the attitude that they can replace just about anyone, and so far they're right. They don't offer those "friendly" deals, they just go out and grab another spare part and fit him in somehow...
                              For whatever reason Billy didn't feel that way after letting Balfour go and went out and bought a shiny new expensive Jim Johnson, instead of letting Cook or Doolitttle or (later signed?) Gregerson have a go at it, which is what the "conventional" wisdom among A's fans would have liked to see, I think. Odd move, by most accounts, and playing out as many had feared thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                                For whatever reason Billy didn't feel that way after letting Balfour go and went out and bought a shiny new expensive Jim Johnson, instead of letting Cook or Doolitttle or (later signed?) Gregerson have a go at it, which is what the "conventional" wisdom among A's fans would have liked to see, I think. Odd move, by most accounts, and playing out as many had feared thus far.
                                My opinion is that he saw that he could get a guy who had 100+ saves in 2 seasons for less than a bag of magic beans. Weeks is once again showing that he simply doesn't have the skills to play at the big league level. I'm guessing that Johnson gets the job back after a week or two...same thing happened in Baltimore last year.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X