• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 days into the season, 4 projected closers already down

Nate Jones - manager's decision
    Casey Jannsen - injury
    Bobby Parnell - injury
    Jim Henderson - manager's decision

Thanks for the clue- in on Santos. Was able to stash him cheap.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I bought Jones for $11 in an AL only league on Sunday. Any chance he still ends up as closer or at least can get 10+ saves?

Good news is I was able to get Vic Black in the Pony reserve draft.
      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

add Chapman who didnt make it to day one

Comment

I'm in a shallow standard 5x5 league with weekly waiver pick-up and Lindstrom, K-Rod, Valverde and Santos are all available. How would you rank them in order of who to pick up first?

Comment

Well i'll give you the "Don Quixote/Mithrandir" answer:

Anyone but Lindstrom as that's who i was able to pick up
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Even though it's a totally different injury that's sidelined Janssen....
              Are back and shoulder issues mutually exclusive? The back/lat injury is a new issue for him, but it is probably safe to say the two injuries are related given their integral roles in generating velocity.

Comment

I'd take Santos first, on the off chance Jansen's injury is serious, he's the only one that can be elite. Next K-Rod, then Lindstrom who might keep the job but isn't very exciting. Not trusting Valverde.

Comment

No idea whether back and shoulder issues are mutually exclusive, but Janssen was put on the DL with a lower left abdominal strain.

Regardless, the injury isn't considered serious and isn't to his shoulder.
                  When Janssen finally threw his 3 IP this spring, he was topping out at 85 MPH due to shoulder and back issues... then he injures his "lower left abdominal area". It's not a guarantee that Janssen comes back at 100%, or that it happens anytime soon.

Watch Santos run away with the job. Skills not roles!
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. Janssen is no slouch. And Janssen had the exact same, literally the exact same, issues last spring and proceeded to have a pretty kickass year. A better year, in fact, than Santos has ever had (unless you count 25 IP as a "year"). And I say this as an owner of both.
                    And if Santos hits a rough patch before Janssen comes back.....(says this Delebar owner)

Comment

I have three of those closers. Jones, Parnell (first neck then back and now elbow) and Janssen. I was offered Hechavarria for Jones. Said no thanks, there are enough free agent MI who could give the same wonderful stats as Hechavarria.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        I have three of those closers. Jones, Parnell (first neck then back and now elbow) and Janssen. I was offered Hechavarria for Jones. Said no thanks, there are enough free agent MI who could give the same wonderful stats as Hechavarria.
                        Offering someone Hechavarria for any player is basically asking you to give the player to him.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          Offering someone Hechavarria for any player is basically asking you to give the player to him.
                          Amen brother amen.

Comment

And then Roenicke went and said Hendo will be the closer again. I think he's just trying to screw around with the fantasy baseball world, LOL. A day after people were scrambling for KRod, it now appears that his closer status is in jeopardy.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                              I was just trying to help a brotha out with this offer. Since you lost Reyes, I thought you could use a SS and I own Lindstrom....so I figured I would ask.

I wasn't trying to screw you over....I thought it was a fair deal....neither has proven shit in the majors....just trying to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X