HDID - thanks for reading and letting me know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID - thanks for reading and letting me know

Hey everyone. Once again I'm asking for some feedback on my team. I don't post a lot but read a lot. Thanks for any and all feedback.

It's a 12 team mixed re-draft league.

C Pierzynski, A.J.
    C Rosario, Wilin
    1B Gonzalez, Adrian
    2B Phillips, Brandon
    3B Beltre, Adrian
    SS Tulowitzki, Troy
    MI Gordon, Dee
    CI Teixeira, Mark
    OF Bautista, Jose
    OF David, Rajai
    OF Crisp, Coco
    OF Eaton, Adam
    OF Stanton, Giancarlo
    U Butler, Billy
    Bench LeMahieu, DJ

P Gallardo, Yovani
    P Garza, Matt
    P Gonzalez, Gio
    P Haren, Dan
    P Lee, Cliff
    P Liriano, Francisco
    P Samardzija, Jeff
    P Cishek, Steve
    P Johnson, Jim
    Bench Bradley, Archie
    Bench Doubront, Felix
    Bench Hawkins, LaTroy
    Bench Richards, Garrett

It is always hard to tell without seeing other rosters, but in a 12-team mixed, it looks a bit middle-of-the-puckish to me. The infield looks fine except for Gordon, the catchers look fine. The outfield looks very light on power for a 12-teamer, and your offense in total as well. Eaton, Crisp, Davis, Gordon looks a bit like overkill on speed. The pitching looks a little light for a 12-teamer as well. Lee's fine as the ace, and Gio, Liriano and Samardzija are fine next. I am worried that Gallardo is done, not sure about Garza either. The bullpen has two closers, but neither are top two.

On the positive side, there is always good stuff on the wire in a 12-team mixer with five man benches. With this few players rostered, I can't imagine that Doubront, Richards, LeMahieu, or Gordon belong on a roster at all. Maybe LeMahieu because MI's are tough to find, but there are tons of SP's available this year. If you stay active and find the good players on the wire, you could try to stay competitive; the core of your team is fine.

I assume Tulo was your first round pick, but that means you should have drafted early in the second round, but I don't see anyone who fits that bill. Bautista? (I assume this was a draft, ignore this if it was an auction.)

Comment

I assume Beltre was the second round pick. I'm not much of a fan of your OF and your starters, your closers are serviceable and your IF looks great for a twelve teamer. There always seem to be power out there, so you might need to go find it.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        I assume Beltre was the second round pick. I'm not much of a fan of your OF and your starters, your closers are serviceable and your IF looks great for a twelve teamer. There always seem to be power out there, so you might need to go find it.
        That's a whole lot more efficient way to say exactly what I tried to say.

Comment

Working...
        X