Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another: NL-only, 12-team keeper, auction----recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another: NL-only, 12-team keeper, auction----recommendations?

4x4, BA, SB, HR, Runs******Wins, Saves, ERA, WHIP
    This is my draft list. I held a lot of pitching [6 of 10], because that was where the value is. I spent $130. total on pitching [$150. on hitting], way more than I have ever spent before. Again, that's where I found best value; I will not have near the same team come September! Having only Chapman for saves, I know I need to swap SP for closers. It is on the hitting side that I have the most work. I have some pretty good power potential and BA should be okay. SB's are very light, as well as runs, I think. Any recommendations?
    TIA
    Scottw

NAME
    Saltalamacchia, J.
    Sanchez, Hector
    Morneau, Justin
    Wright, David
    Belt, Brandon
    Cozart, Zach
    Ellis, Mark
    Hechavarria, A.
    Davis, Khris
    Parra, , Gerardo
    Blanco, Gregor
    Schafer, Logan
    Snider, Travis
    Wheeler, Ryan
    Moore, Tyler

Zimmerman, Jordan
    Alvarez, Henderson
    Lincecum, Tim
    Chacin, Jhoulys
    Chapman, A.
    Wacha, Michael
    Ryu, H.
    Miley, Wade
    Eovaldi, Nate
    Bumgarner, Madison
    Bearin' up!

In 4x4 it is hard to win when tanking one category much less two. Not having enough saves and sbs will kill you in 4x4. I hope your league is active in trading, because you will have to make some moves if you want to win.

You mentioned pitching is where the value was, I am not sure how you arrived at that. Maybe your league just does not value pitching? That would make it hard to trade pitching for your needs. If you are going to spend $130 on pitching you have to come away with two closers in 4x4. You do not count K's so Lincecum is of no value to you. I would be looking to trade him for a percieved poor closer preferably from a team that has three. Maybe Latroy Hawkins or someone like that.

The other way to do it is wait for awhile and trade one of your good contracts for a couple of expiring ones.

Either way I get rid of Lincecum. He can only help you in wins and will hurt you in era and whip. If you get no takers look for a good MR to replace him.

Comment

Agree with Gregg and would add that I'd be out peddling Wacha for MI or OF help as well. Even in a 12 team only league, that OF is pretty brutal.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        In 4x4 it is hard to win when tanking one category much less two. Not having enough saves and sbs will kill you in 4x4. I hope your league is active in trading, because you will have to make some moves if you want to win.

You mentioned pitching is where the value was, I am not sure how you arrived at that. Maybe your league just does not value pitching? That would make it hard to trade pitching for your needs. If you are going to spend $130 on pitching you have to come away with two closers in 4x4. You do not count K's so Lincecum is of no value to you. I would be looking to trade him for a percieved poor closer preferably from a team that has three. Maybe Latroy Hawkins or someone like that.

The other way to do it is wait for awhile and trade one of your good contracts for a couple of expiring ones.

Either way I get rid of Lincecum. He can only help you in wins and will hurt you in era and whip. If you get no takers look for a good MR to replace him.
        When I say "value", I mean that the salary of the pitching was fair; that of the hitting was poor. I went all in last year, losing on the last 2 days of the season [I finished a close second--yuck!], so my keepers were generally limited. I can work the pitching for hitting, as this league trades like crazy. What I am asking is for thoughts as to who to move and what categories I should look to get in exchange and why.
        I tried hard to find a usable closer at draft, but they went for crazy money which I didn't have. I generally wait 3-4 weeks to see how my draft roster is doing, but I think I need to get an earlier start so as not to get buried in SB, Saves, etc. And, yes, that OF is brutal! I filled 2 of the 5 slots with dollar-days guys. I had just K Davis left from last year's OF roster due to taking on all the big contracts going for it last year. With the SP, I think I can avoid a rebuilding year if I play it right: anyone agree?
        Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
          What I am asking is for thoughts as to who to move and what categories I should look to get in exchange and why.
          I believe I covered this in my first post.

Glad to hear your league trades, this will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I believe I covered this in my first post.

Glad to hear your league trades, this will help you.
            True, but in looking over the rosters of the other teams, I found maybe 2 with whom I match up. Closers are highly-valued [thus the high prices] and are spread out rather evenly, with no one having cornered the market yet. I also found that OF was pretty lean across the board, only 1-2 teams really with a few plus players. I think a small deal or 2 will be all I can get done in the near future until people start panicking.
            Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by scottw View Post
              True, but in looking over the rosters of the other teams, I found maybe 2 with whom I match up. Closers are highly-valued [thus the high prices] and are spread out rather evenly, with no one having cornered the market yet. I also found that OF was pretty lean across the board, only 1-2 teams really with a few plus players. I think a small deal or 2 will be all I can get done in the near future until people start panicking.
              What were some of the prices closers were going for in this league?

Comment

Originally posted by roadtrip68 View Post
                What were some of the prices closers were going for in this league?
                My top tier of closers available was:
                Kimbrel--32
                Jansen--35
                Papelbon--25
                Street--26
                Reed--26
                Those kept were at various prices, depending when and how they became closers, usually high dollar, though.[B] As a comparison, top tier SP went for:
                Lee--30
                Zimmerman--24
                Strasburg--35
                Cain--24
                Greinke--27
                Bailey--26
                Hamels--21 [depressed due to uncertainty with his arm]
                Pitching is general is high dollar.
                Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
                X