castellanos CBS eligibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• castellanos CBS eligibility

an owner of castellanos has asked me a question about castellanos' eligibility that i'm not sure about.

on his team page, castellanos shows (3B,OF) as his eligibility, and can be placed at 3B (but not CI, interestingly). but if i click on his name to bring up his player sheet it shows only OF.

anybody know what's going on with this?
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

I think that this might be one of their "natural position" things. If your league allows the option of somebody being eligible to play at what somebody at sportsline has deemed a players natural position then he is eligible at that position in addition to what your league rules say. If your league does not then it goes strictly by your leagues eligibility rules (perhaps a 20/5) and he won't be until be eligible at 3rd until he meets the in season game requirement.

Comment

we don't allow exceptions, except by petition. that's why this is pretty weird - i haven't put in an eligibility change for castellanos, yet he appears to have 3B eligibility...
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

What is showing is the 3B position eligibility that Castellanos had in '13 based on his designated position entering the year. Then, based on play, he added OF. Castellanos now only has recognized CBS eligibility in the OF, but since he was being played at 3B in your league, he does not lose 3B unless he is moved off the position. If your commissioner goes in and moves him to OF (or DH or U), the 3B eligibility will disappear.

Comment

You can now remove the "CBS Position" from your eligibility. That would remove his 3B eligibility.

Comment

yep, both of those work. thanks, guys.

Comment

If you don't move him off, will it result in an invalid roster?

Comment

Working...
              X