Edwin Encarnacion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwin Encarnacion

I may have a shot with the 8th overall pick in a keeper league to grab him. Has anyone seen him play this spring? Is his wrist surgery a memory. Please provide any advice. Thanks

Don't hesitate to take him

Comment

He's having a good spring with 3 HR .309 AVG. Green light!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

If he drops to 8 in a keeper league I doubt you'll have a better option
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

3B eligibility in Yahoo and CBS is like a gift from God

Comment

John Lott‏@LottOnBaseball·12 mins
            Encarnacion leaves game in 5th inning immediately after pitch hits him on right hand or wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by eephus View Post
              From Rotoworld on Friday--

"Edwin Encarnacion went 3-for-4 with two RBI in a win over the Mets on Friday.

Encarnacion delivered a two-run single in the seventh inning in front of an excited Montreal crowd. The first baseman also knocked his sixth double of the spring and scored a run in the game. He's showing no ill effects of being hit by a pitch in the right forearm on Wednesday."
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

En fuego doesn't do this guy justice. 16 HR and 33 RBI. This. Month.

5 x 2 HR games this month. I own him in my AL league and he and Cruz have vaulted me from 10th to 3rd in HR in the last 6 weeks.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I have him on a team with Trout and Cabrera (went a little loony in the opening round of bidding), and considered moving him earlier this month, as he was struggling a bit. Decided to hold on and wait for the turnaround. Thank goodness.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    En fuego doesn't do this guy justice. 16 HR and 33 RBI. This. Month.

5 x 2 HR games this month. I own him in my AL league and he and Cruz have vaulted me from 10th to 3rd in HR in the last 6 weeks.
                    interesting graphic during yesterday's game - the only players in the history of MLB with 5 multi-homer games in one month - Harmon Killebrew, Albert Belle, and now EE.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I'm thrilled to see EE doing so well after the way he was jerked around and maligned early in his career with the Reds. How's Rolen doing for you, Cincinnati?

The time and patience the Jays exercised, plus the move away from full-time 3B duty, has certainly paid off.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                        I'm thrilled to see EE doing so well after the way he was jerked around and maligned early in his career with the Reds. How's Rolen doing for you, Cincinnati?

The time and patience the Jays exercised, plus the move away from full-time 3B duty, has certainly paid off.
                        In the Reds's defense, they didn't have a spot free at first and they couldn't DH him either.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          In the Reds's defense, they didn't have a spot free at first and they couldn't DH him either.
                          I understand that completely. The problem is how they messed with him before they traded him. Every error produced a benching, and each time he'd get hot, the manager would sit him "because he needs a breather" and all that garbage. They could have moved him to a corner OF spot, but never considered anything other than letting him suffer at 3B.

This town's notorious intolerance for black and Latino players who have any kind of slump didn't help; the things "fans" would scream at him all the time were simply appalling. And all management did was let him twist in the wind, rather than tell the fans "back off a little, will you?"

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                          X