First NL Only acution HDID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First NL Only acution HDID?

Man NL Onlys leave you with NOTHING to go after in reserve rounds-- i was prepared, but not enough for this.

10 team NL only, $260 5x5.

Went in with some good keepers, but was reluctant to break the bank for one player. the projection has me in 2nd, but i don't know about that. here's what I finished with *denotes Keeper

Ca: Montero 3*/Y. Molina 10
    1b: Howard 29*
    3b: Ramirez 24
    Ci: Palanco 11
    2b: J Hairston 1
    Ss: Hanley 19*
    Mi: Furcal 22
    Of: Ibanez 15
    C Gomez 13
    Ludwick 6*
    Venable 5*
    Fukudome 1*
    Ut: Chipper 14

Reserves: Thames, Boggs, Keppinger, Cantu.

Sp: Wandy 14*
    Ubaldo 11*
    Cueto 4
    J Sanchez 12*
    C Young 1

Mr: Saito 1*
    Kuo 11*

Cl: Street 17*
    Hanrahan 10*

Reserves: Kenshin, Padilla, Frieri, Mujica, S Casilla

for the second time in 2 drafts on the phone, we didn;t go over the rosters team by team so Ithought there was a player I'd targeted on the board and was saving my money for that bid, but he was kept.

I'm never again drafting over the phone without a team by team, player by player accounting prior to the draft.

I think I'm a bit short in starting pitching, but I'm hoping I have enough high K guys to still remain competitive.

What do you NL guys think?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

You sucked

Comment

Pretty balanced squad. Less concerned about K's than injury risk among your starters. Also your hitters are interesting: relying on a few guys (Polanco, Molina?) to bring up the BA for a bunch of talented low-BA guys (Venable, Gomez, etc).

Balanced and overall good risk management. Good luck!

Comment

This is what they replaced Trader Mac with????? Good grief! Just kidding. I agree phoning in an auction stinks and that is the main reason why I didn't come back to the league. For me, its either be there live or nothing. Plus, the time difference would have been a killer. The team is not that bad. Speed is another weakness I see that will need to be addressed.
        拖裤子,
        放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
          This is what they replaced Trader Mac with????? Good grief! Just kidding. I agree phoning in an auction stinks and that is the main reason why I didn't come back to the league. For me, its either be there live or nothing. Plus, the time difference would have been a killer. The team is not that bad. Speed is another weakness I see that will need to be addressed.
          hehe, I think I'll compete-- I manage my teams much better than I draft-- though I may rack up a ton of charges for doing so. Thanks for letting me babysit your squad and I hope everything is going well over there!

Doig.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Nice job considering you had a target that ended up already on a team.

While there are certainly some gambles, it should provide you with a very interesting team for this season.

Comment

yeah, I had some hiccups with the phone and new league thing as well... between accidentally muting myself when I was trying to bid on Casey Blake and leaving my UT slot open until the very end of the draft to try to pick off a player that wasn't actually eligible (there was a little bit of gray area in the constitution, apparently), my endgame definitely suffered.

- Mike
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I like it, nice team.

Comment

Working...
                X