HDID? Feeling good about this team!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID? Feeling good about this team!

13 team mixed, shallow rosters, redraft. I had the 12th pick and was hoping I'd get Jones, Braun, or Cano there. They went in that order right before my pick so I took Davis and then used the 15th pick to get Tulo. Gomez slipped so I scooped him up with the 38th pick and then picked up one of the great bargains of the draft with 41, Choo. At this point I was feeling really good. Two mistakes I made were not adjusting to SP being drafted higher than ADP, sometimes much higher, and taking Phillips in the 9th when there were a number of decent 2b left. I took Kendrick in the 19th round! This league is hard to trade in, but I've sent out an offer of Phillips for Bailey to an owner who just lost Profar, Bourn out for a little while, and is starting Ackley at 2B.

Polanco and Gausman will be stashed in minors but have to be active/reserve on the day of call up so thats kind of annoying. Also, its a daily league and I expect to rotate most of my reserve SP into the lineup.

C Montero, Miguel(C) ARI
    1B Davis, Chris(1B) BAL
    2B Phillips, Brandon(2B) CIN
    3B Ramirez, Aramis(3B) MIL
    SS Tulowitzki, Troy(SS) COL
    OF Beltran, Carlos(OF) NYY
    OF Choo, Shin-Soo(OF) TEX
    OF Craig, Allen(1B,OF) STL
    OF Gomez, Carlos(OF) MIL
    OF Gordon, Alex(OF) KC
    U Kendrick, Howie(2B) LAA
    U Martinez, Victor(U) DET
    Res Aybar, Erick(SS) LAA
    Res Polanco, Gregory(OF) PIT
    SP Greinke, Zack(SP) LAD
    SP Buchholz, Clay(SP) BOS
    SP Kazmir, Scott(SP) OAK
    SP Ryu, Hyun-Jin(SP) LAD
    SP Straily, Dan(SP) OAK
    RP Benoit, Joaquin(RP) SD
    RP Janssen, Casey(RP) TOR
    RP Papelbon, Jonathan(RP) PHI
    RP Clippard, Tyler(RP) WAS
    Res Smyly, Drew(RP) DET
    Res Hutchison, Drew(SP) TOR
    Res Porcello, Rick(SP) DET
    Res Gausman, Kevin(RP,SP) BAL
    Res Qualls, Chad(RP) HOU
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Hitting looks strong except for speed. Montero needs to bounce back. I am amazed at the lack of power in MLB and by power i mean guys that can hit 35+ HR and Drive in over 115 so given that your team looks good in the power categories.

Pitching will depend on how much one values Ryu and Buchholz. Benoit and/or Clippard may get the closer gig at some point and if one or both do then you will have some trading chips.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Nice team. It looks pretty strong to me. I think you are going to like that Smyly pick.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        13 team mixed, shallow rosters, redraft. I had the 12th pick and was hoping I'd get Jones, Braun, or Cano there. They went in that order right before my pick so I took Davis and then used the 15th pick to get Tulo. Gomez slipped so I scooped him up with the 38th pick and then picked up one of the great bargains of the draft with 41, Choo. At this point I was feeling really good. Two mistakes I made were not adjusting to SP being drafted higher than ADP, sometimes much higher, and taking Phillips in the 9th when there were a number of decent 2b left. I took Kendrick in the 19th round! This league is hard to trade in, but I've sent out an offer of Phillips for Bailey to an owner who just lost Profar, Bourn out for a little while, and is starting Ackley at 2B.

Polanco and Gausman will be stashed in minors but have to be active/reserve on the day of call up so thats kind of annoying. Also, its a daily league and I expect to rotate most of my reserve SP into the lineup.

C Montero, Miguel(C) ARI
        1B Davis, Chris(1B) BAL
        2B Phillips, Brandon(2B) CIN
        3B Ramirez, Aramis(3B) MIL
        SS Tulowitzki, Troy(SS) COL
        OF Beltran, Carlos(OF) NYY
        OF Choo, Shin-Soo(OF) TEX
        OF Craig, Allen(1B,OF) STL
        OF Gomez, Carlos(OF) MIL
        OF Gordon, Alex(OF) KC
        U Kendrick, Howie(2B) LAA
        U Martinez, Victor(U) DET
        Res Aybar, Erick(SS) LAA
        Res Polanco, Gregory(OF) PIT
        SP Greinke, Zack(SP) LAD
        SP Buchholz, Clay(SP) BOS
        SP Kazmir, Scott(SP) OAK
        SP Ryu, Hyun-Jin(SP) LAD
        SP Straily, Dan(SP) OAK
        RP Benoit, Joaquin(RP) SD
        RP Janssen, Casey(RP) TOR
        RP Papelbon, Jonathan(RP) PHI
        RP Clippard, Tyler(RP) WAS
        Res Smyly, Drew(RP) DET
        Res Hutchison, Drew(SP) TOR
        Res Porcello, Rick(SP) DET
        Res Gausman, Kevin(RP,SP) BAL
        Res Qualls, Chad(RP) HOU
        I'm not sure how this draft turned into a winner. I dropped a few guys that ended up being good: Porcello, Smyly, Qualls, Aybar, Kendrick, Benoit. I drafted crap: Davis, Choo, Craig, Buchholz, Straily. Now that I think about it, drafting 5 crap players isnt bad, the problem is that 3 of them were in the first 6 rounds.

I traded KRod for Wacha right before Wacha got hurt. Ouch.

The good? Picked up Sandoval and then traded Allen and Ramirez for Pence to the guy who dropped Sandoval and had just lost 2 1B's and this was early enough that there was still hope Allen would turn things around.

Traded DGordon for Price. I really could have used Gordon for AVG because I ended up starting Alcantara the last month after I ran out of FAAB.

V-Mart. Hoped for .290 13ish HR but instead got an insanely awesome season!

Tulo goes down and shortly after I pick up Santana who from that point forward was the #1 SS. I got approximately .331 26HR 15SB 122R 76RBI out of the SS position which I'd guess would be near the top of the rankings if combined into one player.

Picked up these guys:
        DGordon
        Krod
        Keuchel
        Wade Davis
        Stroman
        Duda (later dropped before he did anything)
        Doolittle
        Sandoval
        Shoemaker
        had Betts off and on for a while before a roster crunch ultimately caused me to drop him before he did much
        Casilla
        picked up Carrasco and then dropped him the day he tossed 4 IP in relief of Tomlim and then moved into the rotation, ouch
        DSantana - awesome
        Fiers
        Vargas
        Pearce - was dropped when he slumped by another owner

Picked up and dropped a lot more guys that aren't worth mentioning...

Somehow hung on to the lead and won by 3 points when the 2nd place team went nuts picking up and starting every mediocre/suck SP he could find in the last week and it eventually bit him in the ass and inflated his ERA. Without him doing that and if he gets one more HR, we would have tied.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
        X