Yet another....Thoughts on my team"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another....Thoughts on my team"

14 team...mixed...5x5...$300 auction budget(Mag7 and Madducks are also in this league)

Keeper in bold (8)

C- Ramos $9
    1b - Freeman $20
    2b - Altuve $24
    3b - Miggy $67
    SS - Peralta $7
    OF - Trout $11
    OF - Revere $13
    OF - Hunter $13
    OF - Byrd $13
    Util - Chris Davis $6
    Util -Frazier $3
    Bench - Kelly Johnson $1

SP - Bumgarner $17
    Y. Ventura $1
    Grienke $30
    Zimmerman $31
    Lohse $1
    Garrett Richards $1
    Colon $1
    RP - Frieri $6
    Cishek $6
    Parnell $16

Having Trout, Miggy, Davis and Freeman as keepers i decided to focus on speed and getting 2 top notch SP's. Mission accomplished (i think). Also having $134 tied up in keepers didn't really allow me to go after anymore studs as prices in this league are extremely high.

I think i can be competitive in all categories, which was what i was aiming for. If Ventura can break out this season my SP should be pretty strong. I will be hunting the WW as I am not real happy with Lohse, Richards and Colon, but if one of them has a decent year I'm good.
    Other prices :
    Braun $66
    Cutch $62
    Prince $54
    Pedroia $51
    Votto $49

Kershaw $60
    Felix $47
    Lee $47
    Verlander $46
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

thats an insanely good team! I dont like Byrd at 13, dont like Peralta but he's cheap, but overall its hard to imagine any other team having better hitting.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      thats an insanely good team! I dont like Byrd at 13, dont like Peralta but he's cheap, but overall its hard to imagine any other team having better hitting.
      Ha, this was exactly what I was thinking! Maybe you can trade Byrd.

Nice keeper list good job.

Comment

Some great buys in a $300 league! Colon for $1??!! I know no one trusts him but he won 18 games last year with fantastic peripherals, and moves to the NL!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I don't really expect Byrd to earn much this year, but it was late in the draft and i needed an OF and he was among the best left.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

bump

Comment

Not much more to say, except trade Bird and enjoy the ride for a few weeks.

Comment

hard to build a bad team with Miggy, Trout, Davis and Freeman as your keepers. I would look for a little more speed though, and I dont like your RP group very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  hard to build a bad team with Miggy, Trout, Davis and Freeman as your keepers. I would look for a little more speed though, and I dont like your RP group very much.
                  Thanks Pauly. Most of the top RP's were kept and the ones that weren't were going for $23-24. I wasn't paying that at auction.

Comment

Working...
                  X