RJEL roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL roster

18 team mixed 5x5 with OB instead of BA. Just made my last reserve pick, interested to hear any feedback. Inflation was about 50% and there were hardly any bargains to be had. Keepers bolded

C Santana 5
    1B Barton 1
    2B Phillips 33
    3B Encarnacion 7
    SS Uribe 5
    CI Napoli 16
    MI Nishioka 17
    OF Holliday 48
    OF Ichiro 29
    OF Damon 9
    OF Willingham 5
    OF Borbon 3
    UT J Rivera 3
    UT J Fox 1 (I have Arencibia in my minors)

P Price 6
    P D Hudson 5
    P Jurrjens 1
    P Kuroda 21
    P Pineda 6 (fingers crossed, lose him if he's sent down)
    P Dice-K 1
    P Bell 27
    P Nunez 5
    P Strasberg 6

Res P S Burnett
    Res OF Spilborghs
    Res P Garland
    Res P Contreras
    Res P Cashner
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I think you had a nice auction. Some teams (definitely not me) has some extremely strong keeper lists. I like pretty much like all of your buys. If Pineda sticks you have a nice staff. Good reserve picks also.

Comment

I also like your team. It's strength is its depth; you really have no weaknesses. You may need more power as the season rolls on and good HR teams that are contending pick up more HRs. You should hang in there until then. That Bell/Nunez/Burnett trioka should generate enough saves to keep you in the top third, easy. You had some great reserve picks.
      Last edited by The Dane; 03-26-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Spilborghs in the reserves? Nice. Same for Contreras and Garland. Given my total lack of faith in Dice-K, I'd not be surprised to see Garland on your staff much of the year.

Good, solid team.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I agree with what the others have said. Nice deep solid team.

Now let me throw something out and see what you and others think. Hey, it's just talking baseball, kinda kickin the can down the street... I am not that big a believer in your $17 Nishioka. And $6 dollars for Strasberg is a great keeper price for someone else. You do not need him for this year to contend. What would happen if you packaged these two up for a stud MI?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Now let me throw something out and see what you and others think. Hey, it's just talking baseball, kinda kickin the can down the street... I am not that big a believer in your $17 Nishioka. And $6 dollars for Strasberg is a great keeper price for someone else. You do not need him for this year to contend. What would happen if you packaged these two up for a stud MI?
            Trouble with trading Nishioka is that he's an unknown commodity. Hard to give up a stud now for a $17 unknown player and pitcher still in stitches from his Tommy John, especially now at the start of the season and most everyone thinks they are in it. He is still young, but if he's Kaz Matsui.2, he's untradeable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              Trouble with trading Nishioka is that he's an unknown commodity. Hard to give up a stud now for a $17 unknown player and pitcher still in stitches from his Tommy John, especially now at the start of the season and most everyone thinks they are in it. He is still young, but if he's Kaz Matsui.2, he's untradeable.
              Yep, that is why I packaged him with a low cost highly sought after player. Someone bid $16, maybe that is where he starts?

Or maybe someone is extra strong at MI? I am suggesting he tests the waters before Nishioka proves what I fear. Maybe it won't work in his league, then again you never know if you do not ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Or maybe someone is extra strong at MI? I am suggesting he tests the waters before Nishioka proves what I fear. Maybe it won't work in his league, then again you never know if you do not ask.
                You may be right. Other notable MIs went for: Rollins $28, Utley $25, Kendrick $20, Escobar $17, Weeks $37, Cabrera $14, Hill $21, Desmond $21, Peralta $17, Prado $27, Kinsler $31, so Nishioka isn't exactly expensive all things considered, although he's likely not a keeper at that salary. I suppose someone may covet Strasburg to the degree that they would take on Nishioka over another MI.

Comment

Working...
                X