NL only player add - pick one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only player add - pick one

I need to make a player add that should last ~4 weeks. Which player to add?
    Chris Denorfia
    Charlie Blackmon
    Nate Mclouth
    Eric Chavez
    Seth Smith
    Jon Jay
    Scott Van Slyke

Probably Denorfia...although that Pads OF situation is a mess for the last position. But you can probably count on Quentin getting hurt...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I like Denorfia too, I think they'll get him a lot of time.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I like Blackmon by a pretty big margin but it's still possible that he gets demoted. I guess Denorfia is far less risky in that respect but I'd still roll the dice with Blackmon.
        I kinda agree here. If you can pick up Blackmon and safely drop him if he gets demoted then that's the easy call. If you have transaction fees and need someone you don't want to mess with for a few weeks, I kinda like Seth Smith out of the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          I kinda agree here. If you can pick up Blackmon and safely drop him if he gets demoted then that's the easy call. If you have transaction fees and need someone you don't want to mess with for a few weeks, I kinda like Seth Smith out of the rest.
          I also agree with Blackmon, but don't dismiss Van Slyke. He can put up big numbers in short spurts and -just like SD- the LA outfield has a good deal of injury risk.

Comment

Fast-forward 3 weeks and Blackmon still going strong for my team. I happened to have room for both Denorfia and Blackmon at the time and so I picked them both up but I cut Denforfia when Kemp came off the DL (I kept Blackmon because he was hotter).
            Anyways -- really good advice both of those guys. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
            X