Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Lawrie - Extend?

I have him for $5. Extend to $10?

AL only? I would. I think he has a fairly high floor.

Comment

extending him at this time last year totally burned me this year. Tread carefully, the guy hasnt proven anything.

Comment

It's AL only 12 teams.

Comment

Drink 2 red bulls, then decide.

Do you wanna play it safe, and collect a tidy profit on his breakout year? I'm in the league, and I'd probably extend. Are you more likely to see benefit from an extra $5 in this draft? Or from a strong 1st half that turns a $10 Lawrie into a trade chip?
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'm extending Brandon Moss to $10 in the same contract situation, and Moss has just as many issues. Doesn't play vs. lefties, so counting stats suffer... contact issues so BA suffers... at least Lawrie has some 20/20 upside, whereas 30/0 is always the upside for Moss. Moss is just more likely to reach it because of health, and not playing on Rogers' Centre concrete and carpet.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I would not, as I don't think he will become the player everyone thought he would.

But, that would leave a couple of choices. You could play him at $5, or, if your league mates really love him, trade up to less-risky option.

I realize I'm probably in a small minority here.

Comment

Just so everybody knows I didn't extend him. My decision was based on 1. he has been injury prone and 2. there hasn't been the expected growth we should have seen by now. At this point I have him pegged at earning $15 if he plays the entire season so I'll take the extra $5 and use it in the draft for another player. Now he'll probably go out and have a career year.

Comment

Little known fact: Lawrie has 2B eligibility in yahoo leagues and any other league with a 5 start requirement.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X