last keeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last keeper?

12-team mixed. We can keep three minor leaguers. I have Sano, Hamilton, and Taveras. I can cut Sano and take one guy in this year's draft. Because of my 6th place finish last year, that would be the second pick, which would either be Bryant or Polanco. I should do that, right?
    Last edited by mjl; 03-16-2014, 09:00 PM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I would take Polanco there. Good luck!

Comment

Man, that's a tough choice...can you make any sort of a deal?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I would take Polanco too.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'd do it and take Bryant. He's basically Sano with 2 functioning UCLs.

Comment

oh, Maikel Franco will be available too.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Man, that's a tough choice...can you make any sort of a deal?
              I doubt it. I can try but I don't have much time.

Comment

I would also take Polanco.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, take Polanco. One thing he has in his favor is that I don't own him anywhere.

I like Bryant (whom I also don't own), but I'm not sure he'll stay at 3B, and Polanco is closer to the bigs right now.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

I would drop Sano and take whichever guy (Bryant or Polanco) not taken by the owner with the first pick. I would take either one ahead of Franco.
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Polanco
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I'm not sure if it should be. We only get three minor league keepers, so there's always someone who broke out last year in the auction, plus whoever just got drafted, and I feel like it's good to keep churning. On the other hand, Hamilton and maybe Taveras are going to graduate this year so I will have open slots next year anyway.

Anyway I doubt I will have a choice - I assume whoever has the first pick will take one of them unless they take Franco or Appel or someone even more unexpected, or they decide to keep Jackie Bradley Jr instead of freeing up their first pick.

Comment

actually as it turned out I am third (the standings page on OnRoto defaults to showing the standings for this season as if we were still using the roster from last season or something equally dumb, and once I found the correct historical page I realized I was third) but the first two teams took Sano and Addison Russell, so I get to choose between both of the guys I was considering.

I'm going to waffle until the morning anyway... should I care that one of my other keepers is Hamilton so SB are a little less valuable if he succeeds?
                          Last edited by mjl; 03-19-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            actually as it turned out I am third (the standings page on OnRoto defaults to showing the standings for this season as if we were still using the roster from last season or something equally dumb, and once I found the correct historical page I realized I was third) but the first two teams took Sano and Addison Russell, so I get to choose between both of the guys I was considering.

I'm going to waffle until the morning anyway... should I care that one of my other keepers is Hamilton so SB are a little less valuable if he succeeds?
                            At this point, I'd take the best player period...no need to get into who's got what tools. Polanco is closer and a more complete player than (Bryant?)...I always like to have a combo power/speed guy if at all possible.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

as it turned out, I took Bryant, and at this point I think I'm happy about it, although Polanco looks like he'll be good too.

Comment

Working...
                              X