Brandon Beachy -- TJ Again??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Beachy -- TJ Again??

Mark Bowman of MLB.com reports that it "sounds like" Brandon Beachy (elbow) could need Tommy John surgery.
    Beachy was told after he left a game last Monday with tightness in his elbow and biceps that his ligament was OK, but it appears that might not be the case. He'll visit Dr. James Andrews on Monday before a decision is made. "I was confident when I left (Monday's game)," he said. "That was based on what I was told... Now it looks like it might be something else." It's obviously terrible news for Beachy, who could be headed for his second Tommy John operation in the last 17 months. With Beachy and Kris Medlen both likely going under the knife, the Braves' rotation could be in trouble even after the addition of Ervin Santana.
    Source: Mark Bowman on Twitter Mar 14 - 11:20 AM

so the rotation is? and do we downgrade Teheran slightly?

Comment

Why would this downgrade Teheran?

Comment

So sad...

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Why would this downgrade Teheran?
          Maybe it's the "No. 1 starters face other No. 1 starters" theory, but that's a fallacy because of off-days, skipping of No. 5 starters, etc.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Man, the Braves just can't catch a break. Minor might not be ready to start the season either. Floyd had TJ in May so even expecting him back in May is optimistic.

Teheran
            Ervin
            Wood
            Minor (though not right away, so probably Hale to start with)
            Sweaty Freddy

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              Maybe it's the "No. 1 starters face other No. 1 starters" theory, but that's a fallacy because of off-days, skipping of No. 5 starters, etc.
              Exactly. If anything, it's a super-tiny upgrade to Teheran, maybe +$1.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Man, the Braves just can't catch a break. Minor might not be ready to start the season either. Floyd had TJ in May so even expecting him back in May is optimistic.

Teheran
                Ervin
                Wood
                Minor (though not right away, so probably Hale to start with)
                Sweaty Freddy
                Ervin might not be ready for the early part of April either, since he signed so late.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Ervin might not be ready for the early part of April either, since he signed so late.
                  I don't think there is a need to worry about a fifth starter since one of Minor or Santana should be ready by the time that the Braves need a fifth starter. However, Hale will probably get a couple of starts as the fourth starter in early April.

Comment

Which do you think happened first: Braves calling the Cubs about Samardjiza or the Cubs calling the Braves about Samardjiza?

Comment

Since Wood is now solid in the rotation, what is his value now?
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                        I think his projected Ks (and wins - but nobody can really project Ws) probably increases some with the increased workload, but his value is still in the 3rd to 4th starter range. You still have to like the potential competition. I would put him in the middle-upper tier of NL 4th starters with guys like Eovaldi, Tyson Ross, guys like that.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          I don't think there is a need to worry about a fifth starter since one of Minor or Santana should be ready by the time that the Braves need a fifth starter. However, Hale will probably get a couple of starts as the fourth starter in early April.
                          There is that. I keep hearing that Minor should be ready before the end of Week 2, which would be nice because I plan to keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                            I think you still have to be concerned about an IP limit, particularly given the Braves' recent experiences with young pitchers. He worked 135 IP in 2013. I wouldn't project him much beyond 160 this year.

Comment

Working...
                            X