12-team mixed HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-team mixed HDID

I just joined this league and inherited a somewhat decent set of keepers... I'm not really used to the mixed format (my first time playing was last year in a different league) and I think this team is good but they all look good so I would appreciate a more experienced eye. Keepers are bolded (and I didn't have a choice about keeping Reynolds but my other options were borderline anyway).

League is 5x5 using AVG.

C Jorge Posada $6
    C Yorvit Torrealba $1 (last catcher taken)
    1B Albert Pujols $47
    2B Ian Kinsler $27
    3B Pedro Alvarez $8
    SS Rafael Furcal $10
    MI Starlin Castro $4
    CI Mark Reynolds $16
    OF Ichiro Suzuki $18
    OF Shin-Soo Choo $11
    OF Mike Stanton $8
    OF Drew Stubbs $8
    OF Jason Kubel $1
    UT Brandon Belt $1
    P Roy Halladay $33
    P Justin Verlander $24
    P Brett Anderson $13
    P Ted Lilly $9
    P Jaime Garcia $5
    P Brandon Lyon $4
    P Ian Kennedy $2
    P Michael Pineda $2
    P Jonny Venters $1

Reserves:
    Jason Hammel
    Seth Smith
    Kyle Farnsworth
    Kila Ka'aihue
    Adam Wainwright
    Kyle McClellan

(and yes, I do need some help closing probably)

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I like your offense a lot but you're definitely short on saves. McClellan and Hammel need to go for more closer candidates (Capps, Romo, Peralta in the short term) because you can always find guys like that on the WW. You'll need to be watching the FA list closely all year when closers go down. I like your SPs a lot and given their K rates, you can probably afford to play 5 of them some weeks if you really want to speculate on saves.

Comment

Yep, very good team but you should decide pretty early whether to a) punt saves or b) chase saves all year. I faced the same decision last season and after getting scorched by a few crappy closers, I punted saves around May 1st and cruised to victory.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
      X