X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offered Frieri AL only

12 team AL only 23 active 5x5 $260 cap roto

I was offered Frieri $21 2014 and Peavy $11 2014 for Y.Gomes $5 2015

I was trying to get a closer from him because I don't have one and there may be only 3 mediocre ones in the draft.

I don't have another catcher, but I am trying to get Lavarnway from another owner. I'm good in starting pitching and could trade Peavy or one of my many other starters. I plan on taking in my $1 Santiago, $8 Smyly, $10 Kazmir, $12 D.Salazar and either $38 King Felix or $32 A.Sanchez.

like the offer?

Thanks

i don't like it in a 5x5. well, i don't really like it anyway, but especially in a 5x5, because closer values are diluted more.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

I think it comes down to how much either you, or your league, value Peavy. If you don't want to keep Peavy, you have to be confident you can move him in a deal to improve you elsewhere for this deal to make sense for you. This is probably a situation where I wouldn't make the deal until I had another deal in place that landed you a catcher back.

Comment

While Gomes is underpriced I don't see much "value" in Peavy or Frieri at those prices. Unless I had a deal on the table for Peavy I really liked, I wouldn't make this trade.

Comment

Don't take the deal. You already have a catcher underpriced at $5 and should make nice profit there. Frieri is at price or above. I understand needs but in a 5x5 league I think chasing closers and paying at value isn't worth it. If you can't land a closer then get 2-3 set-up pitchers in situations where the closer is iffy. Also you don't need Peavy as you have plenty of starters and he is a risk injury and age. He wore down in the 2nd half. Keep the $11 and send it elsewhere.

Comment

I think the question is how much will the remaining closers go for in your auction?

Are the ones being kept spread out evenly so you can grab two of the three cheaply?

Just curious what are some of the salaries of the kept closers? Also is there a chance some of the more high priced ones will be thrown back?

Comment

I want Gomes here

Comment

I'll be the contrarian ... I'm not completely sold on Gomes - I could just as easily see him struggle & hit .220 - yes he hit .328 over 334 ABs in AAA but that was Las Vegas of the PCL, not exactly a pitchers park; in 2011 he hit .248 between AA & AAA.

Peavy had great numbers in 2012, very good numbers in 2013, and should win a ton of games now that he's with the Red Sox instead of the White Sox.

And if closers are expected to be hard to come by in the draft/auction, Frieri gives you a stud, pretty much at cost. personally I think I would do this.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

TG I disagree. Peavy in the last 5 season has pitched over 150 innings once. He also has been over 4 ERA 3 of those season. Faded in second half last season. Has a rising FB over last 3 season. He is 33 skills are in a decline and injury prone on top of all this. At best he gives you the $11 value that it will cost you to keep him.

OTHO Gomes is not the .290 hitter from last season but he has made gains over the last 2-3 yrs but I would expect his BA is to be in the 260 range. Contact has improved and his power is real. If he can get over 400 ABs he could very easily hit 20 HRs. Not many catchers do that. He is also 26 so clearly he can still improve.

Nothing is a guarantee but I would go with where you can make profit and I see that in Gomes.

Comment

Was just offered Moreland $7 2015, Frieri $21 2015 and Arcia or M.Dominguez $2 2015 for D.Salazar $13 2015. The owner is a big Clev fan.

I am trying to get Frieri due to lack of closers in the draft and he's moderately priced. I think Salazar could be really good and be a good value even at $13, but I do have a lot of pitching to trade from.

Yeh or ney?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
                      Was just offered Moreland $7 2015, Frieri $21 2015 and Arcia or M.Dominguez $2 2015 for D.Salazar $13 2015. The owner is a big Clev fan.

I am trying to get Frieri due to lack of closers in the draft and he's moderately priced. I think Salazar could be really good and be a good value even at $13, but I do have a lot of pitching to trade from.

Yeh or ney?

Thanks

The hype on Salazar is rising to unreal proportions. I can understand why--his stuff suggests a very high ceiling, even though he was not an elite prospect coming up in the minors. But at a certain point, when you are getting offers like this, you have to weigh the likelihood Salazar reaches the heights almost everyone seems to be assuming he will. I think that is a solid return for Salazar. Yes, Salazar has the upside and potential to make you regret this deal, but you are addressing needs with this trade, acquiring value spread across several useful players for you, mitigating your risks.

Tough call on Arcia vs Dominguez at $2. Since this guy is such a Clev fan, maybe you can get both .

Comment

Sounds like a good deal, but I think that I'd try to get him to keep Moreland, and give you both Arcia and Dominguez...Arcia is the real deal, big time power.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post

Yeh or ney?

Thanks
                          Arcia is the guy I want there. I'm not even sure I'd keep a $7 Moreland. Like SM said, I'd propose Arcia/Dominguez/Frieri and see if that will fly. But if not I would still do it. 13 is a lot for Salazar.

Comment

Yeah, it's all about your opinion of Salazar and your risk aversion. The Salazar side has more long term upside but the Frieri et al side has more of a chance of not being a washout.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I'm with the others. Ask for Frieri/Dom/Arcia but do the deal regardless.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                              X