Calhoun or Crisp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calhoun or Crisp?

I'm in the midst of an email draft. Gotta say, I absolutely love email drafts...lots of trash-talking, making fun of each other, and so forth plus the draft picks. Anyway, I'm trying to decided between Kole Calhoun and Coco Crisp in the 19th round. If given the choice, which would you take? This would be my 5th OF. My inclination is to go with Calhoun because he's younger, but I don't know how viable he'd be as a keeper in 2015 to draft him for his youth (we keep 8 players). Plus, I'm not sure how he'll take to leading off. Crisp is the vet who should be good for 10-12 HR and 20 SBs, but when will his age catch up to him. Thoughts?

This is a 12-team, mixed keeper league, start 5 OF, traditional 5x5 roto.

I'd go with Crisp if your concern is just this year, and with just 8 keepers, it should be, because I doubt Calhoun would end up being a keeper for you even if he does well. Crisp will regress and Calhoun should improve, but I think Crisp will still perform a bit better.

Comment

I really like Calhoun. That being said I would take Crisp. Odds are your not keeping a player taken in the 19th round. When healthy you'll get great production across the board with Crisp. In a 12 team league you always pick up a stop-gap when Crisp is injured.

Comment

another crisp vote.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

crisp.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Agreed. I was considering offering my $6 Calhoun for a $15 Crisp, but figured I'm better off with Calhoun and the $9. But I give Crisp the edge here.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
            X