Ervin Santana signs with the Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ervin Santana signs with the Braves

Terms unknown, but I'm guessing this also means that Medlen is done for the year.

well as a Jays fan I'm happy to hear this. He should do well in Atlanta where the longball isn't as deadly as it would be in the AL east.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

1 yr, $14.1M - isn't expected to start until mid-April though.

Comment

Chipper Jones tweeted that Medlen is done for the year but the Braves haven't announced it yet. Make of that what you will.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Chipper Jones tweeted that Medlen is done for the year but the Braves haven't announced it yet. Make of that what you will.
          That Larry is still a self-important twit?
          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            That was a fake Chipper Jones account.
            Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
              Steve?!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                So, that fake Chipper is still a self-important twit, I guess.

Comment

Should we get the crying towel out for AA? What a crock of crap...

Toronto general manager Alex Anthopoulos said Ervin Santana didn't want to pitch in the American League.

"We're in the American League," Anthopoulos said during an appearance on Sportsnet 590 radio in Toronto. "Guys that don't want to be in the American League, there's nothing we can do." A.A. insisted that the right-hander's decision "was not money, was not years." We find this line of reasoning rather difficult to accept, as Santana has never actually pitched in the N.L., having spent the entirety of his nine-year career between the Angels and Royals. It seems that Anthopoulos is annoyed that Santana, choosing between equal offers, preferred the NL East instead of the AL East, an obvious choice for a hurler looking to rebuild his market value in 2014. We'd suggest to Anthopoulos that if he'd been more aggressive in February -- before Atlanta's rotation became ravaged by injury -- Santana would be in Toronto's Opening Day rotation.
                  Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    Terms unknown, but I'm guessing this also means that Medlen is done for the year.
                    Medlen says he knew right after he threw the pitch. No confirmation, but everybody knows it.

Comment

as predicted by Jason and Paul in their Towers of Power podcast recorded on monday....nice job guys
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I think Ervin immediately become a very viable option in mixed leagues. Perfect park for this kind of pitcher and he gets to feast on Philly, Marlin and Met bats all season long.

Comment

Working...
                        X