Keeper Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Question

Hey guys - reeeeally long time (blocked at work)... I have a question which is driving me crazy in a 1st year 12 team points keeper league (based on last year). I can keep 3 players of these 4 in the rounds noted. Please advise and rank your thoughts.

Matt Carpenter (13)
    Hosmer (7)
    K Jansen (10)
    Jose Fernandez (11)

I think Fernandez and Carpenter are no brainers at that value, but am struggling with the other 2. Advice would be appreciated

keep jansen.

Of all the guys you posted, I think Hosmer will go closest to his current value of 7th round. His ADP right now on ESPN is 55th and Jansen is 58th. Plus 1B is deep.

Comment

Can't disagree with Pauly on this one.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Yeah, slight disagreement...I'd keep Hosmer instead of Jansen. It's tough to get speed on the corner spots, and Hosmer should get you double digit steals, and I think the power will get up into the 20 HR range.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

How many teams? I'm inclined to keep
          Hosmer and find saves later

Comment

Being a points based league I guess this would depend on the scoring system. I know in a lot of points leagues elite closers that rack up K's can separate themselves from the pack. Also is there a RP requirement as most point leagues have?

Comment

good questions all... we are required to start 2 RP in this 12 team league. We start 1 1B and can have a U position for him to play in. For what it is worth, I would think that C Davis and Goldy are the only 1B being kept. basic points scoring except no penalty for Hitter K's.

Comment

12-team mixed, I'd drop Hosmer, especially with only C. Davis and Goldschmidt being kept.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd drop Hosmer

Comment

A lot depends on what a new 1st baseman is going to cost you...Jansen at 10 is very good, but not great. If you end up paying $30+ for another 1st baseman, are you really ahead of the game? Closers will go much cheaper, and will be more readily available during the season.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      It's rounds, not dollars. Jansen was already the better choice and your league parameters and available 1B going into the draft make it even moreso.
                      Ah, point taken...

Still not keen on keeping closers, they's usually at least a 30+ percentage turnover during the season, so they're almost always available

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Ah, point taken...

Still not keen on keeping closers, they's usually at least a 30+ percentage turnover during the season, so they're almost always available
                        This is true, and I think the mid-tier guys are overrated and overdrafted/paid. But the elite K guys are underrated and underpaid. There is risk for sure, but if guys like Jansen, Kimbrel, Chapman, and Holland perform as they have, they are hugely valuable.

Comment

If you have to start 24 RPs but only 12 1Bs then you gotta keep Jansen

Comment

Working...
                          X