NL Keeper List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Keeper List

10 teams 5x5 NL league. We can keep up to 10 keepers and 4 farm. All players are in year two of their contracts unless indicated otherwise. * indicates players I will keep. Question is for the last spot, I'm thinking Ludwick at $3. Sign Medlen to either $11 or $16. Just ride out Estrada and no sign him to $6? And of course other thoughts are always appreciated.

C Ramos $8*
    C Rosario $8*
    1B La Roche $7 option year - if kept he wont be signed
    2B Rendon $10*
    OF E Young $6*
    OF Ludwick $3 option year - if kept he wont be signed
    P Estrada $1 option year*
    P McCarthy $1*
    P Medlen $6 option yr*
    P W Peralta $1*
    P Cueto $19 option
    P Storen $3
    P Strasburg $15 last yr of guarantee contract*

Farm
    Trevor Story SS*
    Gary Brown OF
    David Dahl OF*
    Jake Marsnick OF*

I'd sign Medlen to $11 and Estrada to $6, keep LaRoche and Ludwick, and dump McCarthy. I'd rather take a chance on two hitters with power upside than a pitcher with a bum shoulder in a bad pitchers ballpark.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Don't extend Estrada, but agree with everything else

Comment

McCarthy is a good keep at 1 in 13-team NL only and not worth it in 10-team. dump him, and I would not extend Estrada - give yourself a better chance to win this year, with your lame duck Strasburg...
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I too own both Medlen and Estrada in a 12-team NL league and have the same extension decisions. I am not extending my $2 Estrada (just take the profit) but am giving Medlen 1 more year to push him to $7 (from $2). Don't like extending pitchers multiple years personally.

Comment

I was thinking about keeping both LaRoche and Ludwick which I did last season. Ludwick got hurt right after the keeper list were due and his year was pretty much toast and LaRoche produced about $10 last season but that BA was sucky. His 2nd half is usually good but not last season and at age 34 you kinda of wonder if his decline will be slow or swift. I think what I will try to do is package both McCarthy and Laroche to a team who needs keepers as I'm not wild about either one.

Comment

If you drop Story, does it help free a spot that you can fill later? If so I would.

Medlen to 11. Estrada no extension; I think he is Dave Bush 2.0 (good peripherals suggest era should be much better, but pitching in Milwaukee it never quite happens).

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                If you drop Story, does it help free a spot that you can fill later? If so I would.

Medlen to 11. Estrada no extension; I think he is Dave Bush 2.0 (good peripherals suggest era should be much better, but pitching in Milwaukee it never quite happens).
                Story is on my farm so does nothing for the 10 keepers. My thinking on Estrada is the same as last season, he will look brilliant at times and then there are those games he gives up 3-4 HRs. If I can't pull off a trade it comes down to deciding whether Laroche will earn more than the $7 I have him for or cut salary and go with McCarthy at a dollar who likely won't earn more than $5-6 or keep Storen at $3 because 1. he has the skills to close. 2. Soriano is not a lock. and 3. at the worst he may give me decent stats for 50-60 IP. I also agree with extending Medlen 1 yr but damn he seems like a solid $20 plus pitcher right now.

Comment

Medlen left game today with a mild forearm strain. Depending on how this plays out he might go from signing him to a LT contract to returning him to the FA pool. UGH!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X