Farm Draft tmw - please rank top 10 out of these players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farm Draft tmw - please rank top 10 out of these players

After some deals this preseason and last summer I have the 1st overall pick and five total picks in the top 23 (14 teams) of our minor league draft.

The last two #1 picks have been Strasburg and Harper but typically this league doesnt take many of the upcoming draftees. However, this may be different this year because we have a large influx of replacement owners.

I'd like to roster Rendon, Cole, and maybe Starling (with a later pick) out of the upcoming draft. Also like Gray. I have picks: 1, 3, 14, 15, 23, 43, 71.

My main question is who to go for with my first 5 picks. I'm thinking Rendon, Cole, Lamb should be the top 3 on my draft board but perhaps I'm making a mistake passing on players like Kipnis, Segura, and Franklin. Is Cole so good that he should be ranked above everyone but Rendon?

Almost all of the top 40 are rostered.

Who would be your top 10 out of these guys + any others in the upcoming draft or foreign.

Rendon
    Cole
    John Lamb
    Jean Segura
    Nick Franklin
    Brett Jackson
    Jason Kipnis
    Willin Rosario
    Drew Pomeranz
    Aaron Hicks
    Dellin Betances
    Derek Norris
    Gary Sanchez
    Chris Archer
    Zack Wheeler
    Billy Hamilton
    Arodys Vizcaino
    Ben Revere
    Danny Duffy
    Alex White
    Tanner Scheppers
    Brody Colvin
    Trey McNutt
    Yonder Alonso
    Matt Dominguez
    Tony Sanchez
    Zach Lee
    Nick Castellanos
    Anthony Ranaudo
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

hmm, now I'm thinking Gray and Purke should be in that list probably ahead of guys like Archer and Wheeler and Vizcaino.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Dominguez's bat is bad enough not to be in that list, IMO. I like Revere a lot and I want Jonathan Singleton on that list because he has a chance to make a big jump if he fulfills all of his offensive potential this season.

Comment

I agree on Dominguez, I'd probably totally avoid him. He's only there because the "experts" like him so he's on my spreadsheet.

I traded Singleton and Mesoraco away in a deal for the first pick in this farm draft because I had too many keepers so he's not available.

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          hmm, now I'm thinking Gray and Purke should be in that list probably ahead of guys like Archer and Wheeler and Vizcaino.
          I wouldn't put Gray and Purke above Vizcaino at this point. Maybe Wheeler and Archer. I like your list above, and agree with Moonlight J that you can bump Doninguez and should add Singleton. Another guy from the upcoming draft that I like is Francisco Lindor, but as I said in the other thread, I'm a sucker for MIFers, and Lindor looks like a legit SS with a legit bat. I'd consider Jurickson Profar too. Although both of these guys are far away.

Comment

Working...
          X