Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 man Roster question Danny Salazar

This from Rotoworld today

Danny Salazar will throw one inning in an intrasquad game Friday.
    Nothing is physically wrong with the righty, but Indians manager Terry Francona said that the club has "slow-played" Salazar this spring in hopes that he will start the season with a "full tank." The Tribe has two days off in the first 14 days of the season, so they seem likely to hold Salazar back for when they first need a fifth starter. For what it's worth, Francona says a decision on that hasn't been made yet. "We have every different scenario thought out, but on March 5, it doesn’t make sense (to go into it)," Francona explained Wednesday. "It just doesn’t make sense."

would he still remain on the 40 man roster on opening day if he was held back a week or so and just not the active roster? Right now it shows that he's on the 40 man. Would they send him to the minors to get work in?

Thanks

I believe he will stay on the 40 man even if he goes to the minors. Taking him off would probably expose him to waivers which the Indians don't want to do.

Comment

I think you are getting 40 man and 25 man confused. As JC says, being removed from the 40 man roster would expose him to the waiver wire, which they don't want to do. But starting the season in the minors simply means he won't be on the 25 man roster and as long as he has options, which is likely, then he can be called up when they need him two weeks into the season.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
      X