Beltran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beltran

An owner in our NL 5x5 keeper league (10 teams; 25 players; 280 cap) is shopping a $14 Beltran and is looking for cheap SP I have Garcia at $5. I am somewhat leery due to health concerns but a move like this could pay dividends. Thoughts.

I think I would hold off on Beltran. I think he may go for that at auction.

Comment

Forgetting that he isn't worth anything near a $5 Jaime Garcia, I think $14 is about at right. I have him at $16 in a 12-team NL only $260 5x5 and I'm on the fence with him.

Comment

Beltran went for $16 in our 10 team NL only auction this past Tuesday night. I realize every auction is different, but $14 isn't much of a discount if any, from what he would go for in the open market. I would not do the deal, as you are not getting a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfishkid View Post
          Beltran went for $16 in our 10 team NL only auction this past Tuesday night. I realize every auction is different, but $14 isn't much of a discount if any, from what he would go for in the open market. I would not do the deal, as you are not getting a bargain.
          I couldn't agree more with Catfishkid here. Let someone else take that bait.
          -----Manager of the unstoppable Rome Aerozombies of the Ugly Knuckler League-----

There are people who appear to single-handedly pull the rug out from under 300,000,000 years of evolution.

"necessary evil" is redundant.

It takes at least 12 bowls of cock soup to equal the vitamin and nutritional content of just one actual cock. --- B-Fly

NR's the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasies. --- Pat Benatar

Comment

Both the Mets (attendance) and Beltran (upcoming free agency) have financial incentives for him to get out there earlier than he should and play more than he should. I'm out once the bidding gets to double digits.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
              Both the Mets (attendance) and Beltran (upcoming free agency) have financial incentives for him to get out there earlier than he should and play more than he should. I'm out once the bidding gets to double digits.
              I retained him for $3; he's at the top of my "trade early" list for exactly that reason. Beltran will be playign his butt off for a new contract and the Mets have every reason to let him do so. Here's to hoping for a hot start and his populating some other schlub's roster by May 15.
              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

He's a risky guy but he still has lots of skill. I wouldn't be fishing for a $14 Beltran though because it's going to be within a $3 range either way so you might as well let him go to market and see what unfolds.
                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
                X