Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Andy Petitte saga continues.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was also reported yesterday that Pettitte was just scheduled to be at a Steiner Sports show in NY on February 15, the day after pitchers & catchers report. Of course he can ditch the show, but being that it was just announced yesterday is pretty telling.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      It was also reported yesterday that Pettitte was just scheduled to be at a Steiner Sports show in NY on February 15, the day after pitchers & catchers report. Of course he can ditch the show, but being that it was just announced yesterday is pretty telling.
      It was actually scheduled for today and he pushed it to the 15th, whatever that means.
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Reports coming out now that he will officially retire tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          I'd rather have you pitch for the Yanks than Millwood.
          :ROFL:

It's possible that I could bore the batters to death with my 55-mph fastballs and 40-mph sliders. I haven't thrown a pitch in almost 10 years, since the day I was helping a friend out by throwing BP to his Little League-equivalent team and an 11-year-old asked me to start throwing harder and "not baby me".

The latest from Rotoworld--

"Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com confirms that Andy Pettitte will announce his retirement on Friday.
          He's currently on his way to New York and will hold a press conference on Friday. The Yankees had to know this day was coming, but they have held out hope all along. Pettitte, a three-time All-Star, compiled a 240-138 record and 3.88 ERA over 16 major league seasons. Though he benefited from expanded playoffs and spending most of his career with the Yankees, Pettitte is the all-time leader with 19 postseason wins."

and

"According to Michael Kay of 1050 ESPN in New York, Andy Pettitte will officially retire on Friday.
          Recent reports have suggested that Pettitte was staying in playing shape, but the veteran left-hander has apparently decided against returning for 17th major league season. Pettitte will call it a career with a 240 wins and a 3.88 ERA. His decision will obviously have major ramifications for the Yankees, which will likely have Ivan Nova, Sergio Mitre, Freddy Garcia and Bartolo Colon competing for the final two spots in the starting rotation."

It's a shame in a way, since Pettitte has always conducted himself well (except for the brief steroid usage) and been a class act. He was/is one of those guys you could like even if you loathed his team.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Good riddance to a hypocritical douchebag (although I might have kept him at $8 in one of my leagues had he decided to keep playing).
            Sad day to see a good guy and a great Yankee go.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

If by "good guy" you mean a liar and a cheater, then I'm right with you.
              funny, youre just about the only one (including media, teammates,etc) that seems to feel that way.
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I don't think the fact that he's a cheater is really even up for debate. He admitted as much (only after getting caught and lying about it, though). The additional fact that his cheating came on the heels of a douchebaggy book that he wrote about "Targeting a Life of Integrity and Purity" makes it even worse. Apparently to someone like Pettitte, cheating, lying, and taking drugs doesn't infringe on one's "integrity" or "purity".

F him. As far as I'm concerned, he's another Ted Haggard in different clothes. I don't give a crap what the media and his teammates say. His hypocritical actions have spoken loud enough.

Yea, this says a lot more about you than it does him.

Comment

LOL, sure it does. Look for my next book "I'm So Pure and You Should Live Like Me", coming to the hypocrite section of your local bookstore.

Pettitte can suck it.
                  It would prolly be more appropriate to be called "I'm such a big tool there isnt a condom big enough to contain me'.

Comment

Dammit Jason, where the hell is the popcorn smiley!
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

While it is true that I have an enormous penis, I'm not sure how that's relevant to Pettitte being a cheater, liar, and hypocrite.
                      spit it out dude, it aint yours.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer View Post
                        spit it out dude, it aint yours.
                        :rofl:
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I didn't get the battle between ElD and Hammer until I looked up Pettitte's book
                          apparently he is a religious Christian.

I am guessing that his committment to writing about religion overrides his cheating and being caught and admitting it in Hammers mind (but he still did cheat) - right?

Comment

to be fair, iirc Pettitte denied it, got caught and said he only used it once, then got caught again and said he only used it twice.

nobody found a third time yet....
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              to be fair, iirc Pettitte denied it, got caught and said he only used it once, then got caught again and said he only used it twice.

nobody found a third time yet....
                              What exactly does "used it once or twice" really mean? Steroids are taken on cycles, so does this mean Pettitte took one or two doses then said "forget it"? Or does it mean he took it for two cycles, perhaps 60 doses, before stopping?

Comment

well, it was HGH.

I think wikipedia has it about right here:

"On December 13, 2007, Pettitte was one of several Yankees named in the Mitchell Report. Mitchell and his staff received the information on Pettitte from McNamee, who told them he injected Pettitte with HGH on 2–4 occasions in 2002 so that he would heal from an elbow injury quicker.[23]

On December 15, 2007, Pettitte verified McNamee's claim, admitting to using the HGH on two occasions in 2002, as it was meant to help heal an injury, and not to enhance his performance. Pettitte said he felt an obligation to return to the team as quickly as possible. He denied any further usage of HGH during his career; he also denied use of steroids or any other performance-enhancing drug.[24]

On February 13, 2008, in an affidavit made public as part of a hearing before the U.S. House of Representatives' Committee on Oversight and Governmental Reform, Pettitte admitted to additional injections of HGH twice in one day in 2004, using HGH obtained via prescription for his seriously ill father."

most fans seem to put their hands to their ears and yell "nananaana" when it comes to Pettitte, as he doesn't fit their narrative, I guess. I'm not a big "PED" guy either way, but the Pettitte exemption is odd to me.

If a guy denies something until he's caught, claims it's only once, then admits to twice when he's caught again - why would I believe it's only twice?
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X