Another Golden Age at SS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alen Hanson
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      I'd be shocked if Correa sticks at SS.
      I would be rather surprised if he doesn't. He's a very good defender.

There was some concern by various people coming out of the draft that he might need to move to third at some point because of his size, but his play in the year and a half since then has blown that talk out of the water.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

#BaezBoner

Man, what a shot. This kid is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/4133211...h-a-solo-blast

#BaezBoner

Man, what a shot. This kid is amazing.
          I just got him in an NL only league that I just joined...I am STOKED!
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Villar??
            22 and still learning, but could be a very good source of SB.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
              Villar??
              22 and still learning, but could be a very good source of SB.
              He'll be moderately useful this year if he doesn't hit .190 and get sent down just based on the steals. I don't know if he's a long-term contender for this list, however, because he's just keeping SS warm for Correa.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                why?

You leave a guy at SS as long as you can to maximize his value.
                True but I think he will outgrow his position fairly quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  I would be rather surprised if he doesn't. He's a very good defender.

There was some concern by various people coming out of the draft that he might need to move to third at some point because of his size, but his play in the year and a half since then has blown that talk out of the water.
                  Pretty hard to argue with you I guess...thanks for the tip...I own him in a Dynasty League and was already considering him a 3B. Guess I need to change my thoughts on this.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    I was always of the mind that the "too big for SS" stuff kinda died with A-Rod, who was such an excellent defender. Either you're good enough to field it or you're not, size be damned.
                    Even before Arod, Cal proved you could be big and play SS.

Comment

Must be a "golden age" indeed, when last year's AL ROY runner up has nary a mention on this thread.
                      One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Keith Law on Correa from today's game against the Tigers:

Carlos Correa, the first overall pick in the 2012 draft (and my No. 4 prospect), hit a ball hard in his first at-bat but flew out to center, then was caught looking on a 2-2 fastball middle-in from a lefty -- a tough pitch, especially for a kid who hasn't reached high A yet.

He made two good rangy plays at short, reaching balls that most shortstops wouldn't get to, but couldn't complete either play by getting a throw off to first. I still believe he's going to end up at third base, but this kind of lateral range at third base would make him a plus defender.
                        He has plus range and a plus arm and good hands. What more does he need to stay at short and who cares how big he gets? When Law says Correa couldn't complete the play in either case, Correa made smart decisions in both cases to simply hold onto the ball rather than trying to rush a wild throw to first with little chance of getting the runner. On the first play, Trevor Crowe was running from the left side, and there was no shot to get him on a ball deep in the hole. I forget who the runner was on the second play, but it was a similar situation where Correa dove to stop a ball going up the middle. So, Correa on both plays demonstrated good situational awareness and decision making. Although I will offer a caveat on Law's comment about most shortstops not getting to those balls. Correa does have plus range, but positioning made a big difference on him getting to the balls on both of those tough plays today.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                          Alen Hanson
                          Agree - he could be added to the list. He's in everybody's top 100. Numbers wise, for fantasy or real baseball, doesn't seem to be anything especially great or especially worrisome about him.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                            Agree - he could be added to the list. He's in everybody's top 100. Numbers wise, for fantasy or real baseball, doesn't seem to be anything especially great or especially worrisome about him.
                            In keeper leagues where you get to keep between 3 and 6 prospects, it is hard to carry this kind of player.

Comment

Working...
                            X