NL-Only 4x4 Keeper Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-Only 4x4 Keeper Advice

NL-Only 4x4 Keeper League advice needed... About 30% inflation.

I have room to keep up to (3) more of the following... Which (3) if any would you keep?

Josh Rutledge $4-s1
    Michael Cuddyer $26-s2
    Pedro Strop $5-s2
    Yasmani Grandel $4-s1
    Chase Utley $23-s2
    Wily Peralta $2-s2
    Joe Kelly $1-s2
    Josh Rutledge $4-s1
    0%
    Michael Cuddyer $26-s2
    0%
    Pedro Strop $5-s2
    0%
    Yasmani Grandel $4-s1
    0%
    Chase Utley $23-s2
    0%
    Wily Peralta $2-s2
    0%
    Joe Kelly $1-s2
    0%

The poll is expired.

How many teams? I like Kelly and Rutledge most.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      How many teams? I like Kelly and Rutledge most.
      12 teams

Comment

Not sure how much I like Peralta in a 4x4. I think I'd prefer Kelly. He's an easy keep in a 12-teamer. With 30% inflation I could see keeping Cuddyer as a hedge but I would still prefer the flexibility. I think Rutledge earns you a profit and saves you from really scraping the bottom of the MI pool. If you're really a Strop believer I'd rather throw him back and re-bid even if it means having him as an $8-s1.

Comment

I would keep Peralta and maybe Rutledge. I would also keep Utley in a league with 30% inflation and 2B being pretty thin.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Bump.

Comment

I think Rutledge and Kelly are easily your first two. After that, it's a little dicey. I went with Utley because 2B is such a mess.

Comment

1) Rutledge - No brainer. Even with 300 ABs as substitute infielder for three positions, he's worth his salary. Potential to be a 15-15 guy should he win a starting job.
                2) Grandal - I think he'll end up with the most AB as SD Catcher; there are several here who follow Padres closer than I do so I could be wrong, but I'd keep him.
                3) Kelly - 4x4 is key here; K's is his weak suit, but you don't have to worry about that weakness. He's a GB pitcher with about a 40% chance of winning a starting rotation job. Worst case you dump him after week one for a solid middle reliever.

Comment

Assuming two catcher spots, agree on Rutledge and Grandal. I would keep another starting pitcher and of the two I would keep Peralta just on the basis of being guaranteed a rotation spot - my memories of 12-team NL only are that 95% of starters are taken and having someone with actual upside is a pretty good deal.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                  X