Miguel Sano is out for the 2014 season - TJ surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    Dr. James Andrews was among those who gave this recommendation.
    And he was wrong...the article in the Minneapolis paper said that Andrews was "consulted". So it's likely that they just sent the information to him, and he never actually saw Sano...either way, it's irrelevant. They knew last fall that surgery was possibly necessary, but decided to "roll the dice" according to assistant GM Rob Antony. Don't roll the dice on one of your top two prospects...it's simply not worth it.

FWIW, they did the same thing with Kyle Gibson and Alex Wimmer, both eventually had to have TJ surgery.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Waltsanity View Post
      I actually partially tore my UCL in college. Obviously I'm not a major leaguer so there was no money tied up in me, however I did the rest and rehab route and was able to recover with no further problems. But I guess it always depends on the extent of the tear, or injury involved, especially when you're talking about your assets like Sano. Plus everyone's body reacts differently to rehab, rest, surgery. Look at how quickly Adrian Peterson recovered from his ACL/MCL tear in his knee. He went the surgery method, but they say he's a recovery freak because of how fast his body healed from it (of course hard work was involved rehabbing it).
      Also, you have to write cheques and type emails...not throw/hit 95 MPH fastballs.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
      X