• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL only trade offer

12 team AL only keeper 5x5 $260 roto

My $23 Kuroda 2014 and Buerhle $9 2014
    for
    Y.Gomes $4 2015 ( I have no catchers) and Jarred Cosart $2 2015

Trying to rebuilt a bit after last year and I have the following starting pitchers as possibles to take into the draft.

Kazmir $10
    A.Sanchez $32
    F.Hernandez $38
    Santiago $1
    Smyly $8
    H.Ramirez $12
    D.Salazar $13
    Kuroda $23
    Buerhle $9

Cosart was a top prospect

Pretty fair deal?

Thanks

P.S. also looking at a possible F.Hernandez for N.Castellanos $2 2016 and C.Lewis $3 2015 (may take Hollands spot)

1 or 2 catcher league?

And Cosart had terrible control issues, as well as an abysmal K rate last season. With all of Houston's young arms on the horizon, I wouldn't count on him holding a job for too long, unless he can somehow discover where the plate is.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Love Gomes...I do this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Love Gomes...I do this deal.
        I'd do this deal to get Yan alone. Cozart is at value IMO
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I'd do this deal to get Yan alone. Cozart is at value IMO
          Agree with this. In a 12 team AL league you have to keep Cosart but he's not terribly exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            1 or 2 catcher league?
            this is the deciding factor. 1, I say no. 2, yes.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

It's an interesting one, but yeah I tend to agree that the $4 Gomes is the best part here and you go that direction, esp if it's a 2 catcher league.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
                12 team AL only keeper 5x5 $260 roto

My $23 Kuroda 2014 and Buerhle $9 2014
                for
                Y.Gomes $4 2015 ( I have no catchers) and Jarred Cosart $2 2015

Trying to rebuilt a bit after last year and I have the following starting pitchers as possibles to take into the draft.

Kazmir $10
                A.Sanchez $32
                F.Hernandez $38
                Santiago $1
                Smyly $8
                H.Ramirez $12
                D.Salazar $13
                Kuroda $23
                Buerhle $9

Cosart was a top prospect

Pretty fair deal?

Thanks

P.S. also looking at a possible F.Hernandez for N.Castellanos $2 2016 and C.Lewis $3 2015 (may take Hollands spot)
                Why would the other guy make that trade? Isn't Kuroda close to fully priced, and does Buerhle even go for $9 if back in the draft? I have Buerhle for $5 in my AL-only 4x4 league and I am probably going to toss him back.

Comment

I agree with the above. Gomes is the only part of the deal that appears to be of any value; i.e,. go ahead and make the swap.

The more interesting question, to me, is the Fernandez for Castellanos/Lewis offer. I think I would make that swap, and decide on Lewis as ST wears on and reveals more information.
                  One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

I would take both deals for Gomes and Castellanos. At the deadline decide on Lewis and Cosart.

Comment

Make both deals and see if you can get someone better for Lewis and Cosart in a third deal.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        1 or 2 catcher league?

And Cosart had terrible control issues, as well as an abysmal K rate last season. With all of Houston's young arms on the horizon, I wouldn't count on him holding a job for too long, unless he can somehow discover where the plate is.
                        Yes it is a 2 catcher league

Comment

I could also look at getting a $1 Shuck 2015 or $1 Tanner Scheppers (save potential?) 2015 instead of Cozart? Are any of the other 2 any better?

Thanks a ton guys!

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
                            I could also look at getting a $1 Shuck 2015 or $1 Tanner Scheppers (save potential?) 2015 instead of Cozart? Are any of the other 2 any better?

Thanks a ton guys!
                            I'm not crazy about Shuck, but Scheppers looks to be an above average middle reliever/setup guy even if he doesn't get a shot at closing.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

Working...
                            X