Greinke leaves game after 2 warm up pitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greinke leaves game after 2 warm up pitches

No further details, but docs walked him off the field.

RUH ROH Raggy, that's not good.

Comment

Greinke needed two pitches to retire leadoff hitter Tony Campana on a fly ball to left field. The next batter, Cliff Pennington, took a ball and a strike from Greinke before the pitcher motioned toward the dugout and head athletic trainer Stan Conte. Conte and Dodgers manager Don Mattingly watched Greinke take a couple practice pitches off the mound and discussed the situation with Greinke, who quickly left the mound with Conte.

Comment

Alanna Rizzo ‏@alannarizzo 1m

Greinke removed from game after throwing 4 pitches. Precautionary measure with right calf issue. He's with trainer in clubhouse.

Comment

The good news is that it's not arm-related. These things happen a lot in spring training.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Comment

At least he knows enough not to pitch with anything remotely bothering him in a spring training game.

Comment

It's just a ploy to make sure he doesn't have to go Australia.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  It's just a ploy to make sure he doesn't have to go Australia.
                  LOL.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                  X