No announcement yet.

2K14 Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I just traded Eaton for Bogaerts. Hopefully Xander can get some RBIs.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I love the Desmond deal for you. So far I haven't gotten too many bites on my trade offers. But I do have the #1 waiver spot and someone just dropped Wil Myers. I am strongly considering giving up the #1 slot to get Myers. Not sure how much better than that it will get.
      I think you have to claim him.

The other owner flipped Axford for BHamilton. I like Desmond best of the 3.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I just traded Hosmer + KRod for Goldy. Pretty happy about it. Someone cut Hosmer 2 weeks ago and he's hitting 0.350 since.

Still have Broxton, Santos, Farnsworth and Lindstrom. Just cut Kelley.

Comment

Jhonny Peralta (drafted in 12th round)
          Curtis Granderson (10th)
          Evereth Cabrera (9th)
          Pablo Sandoval (10th)

... have all been dropped recently. Any reason to jump on any of these guys at the moment? My team is:

Ruiz
          Laroche
          Rendon
          Gordon
          Arenado
          AJax
          Yelich
          Ozuna
          Byrd
          Rajai Davis

Comment

I think you have to grab Granderson and Everth... I read somewhere that Cabrera was banged up and that's why he wasn't running, but presumably he will get better. I would drop Byrd and Rajai for them.

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
              Jhonny Peralta (drafted in 12th round)
              Curtis Granderson (10th)
              Evereth Cabrera (9th)
              Pablo Sandoval (10th)

... have all been dropped recently. Any reason to jump on any of these guys at the moment? My team is:

Ruiz
              Laroche
              Rendon
              Gordon
              Arenado
              AJax
              Yelich
              Ozuna
              Byrd
              Rajai Davis
              Do you have any fringe pitchers you can drop? Or 2 for 1 upgrade trades available? I'd try adding Everth and Panda if possible.

Comment

Taveras

FYI I grabbed him in my AFA league yesterday and decided to stash him until he's called up, which could be within a month.

NOTE: I will NOT drop him the same day he is called up like I did with Wil Myers last year.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  FYI I grabbed him in my AFA league yesterday and decided to stash him until he's called up, which could be within a month.
                  Taveras is expected to have a bigger impact than Polanco?
                  Last edited by ; 05-06-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Do you have any fringe pitchers you can drop? Or 2 for 1 upgrade trades available? I'd try adding Everth and Panda if possible.
                    My pitchers are:

Cain
                    Cashner
                    Haren
                    Eovaldi
                    Lackey
                    Ross
                    Smyly
                    Chavez

Balfour
                    Rondon
                    Allen
                    Farnsworth
                    Melancon
                    Broxton

Maybe drop Broxton for Everth Cabrera? Panda seems all screwed up right now. You think he'll turn it around?

Comment

I would drop either Chavez or Broxton or both for some of those offensive hitters. Always easier to stream pitchers in a league like this.

I think Panda will turn it around, mainly due to wanting to get paid. He also is the type of hitter in a league like this that carries name value so if he gets hot for a week or two, you could flip him easier than someone who is having a good year but is more unknown.

Originally posted by red View Post
                      My pitchers are:

Cain
                      Cashner
                      Haren
                      Eovaldi
                      Lackey
                      Ross
                      Smyly
                      Chavez

Balfour
                      Rondon
                      Allen
                      Farnsworth
                      Melancon
                      Broxton

Maybe drop Broxton for Everth Cabrera? Panda seems all screwed up right now. You think he'll turn it around?

Comment

I can not get out of the bottom of the standings. I'm not in last place but not far from it. I've made a bunch of recent pickups and now have a pretty decent infield. My team right now:

C - Gomes
                        INF: Butler, NWalker, Peralta, Seager
                        OF/UT/BN: Blackmon, Gardner, Rasmus, Bourn, KDavis, Revere, Victorino, Hart
                        DL: Calhoun

SP: Cain, Haren, Eovaldi, Estrada, AWood, Lackey
                        RP: Hawkins, Melancon, Farnsworth(less), JSmith

Smith needs to be dropped and Hart probably does as well. Farnsworth not far behind.

The free agent list contains some decent players but I'm not sure how much of an upgrade they can be; Prado, Gyorko, Villar, Ozuna. Lots of speed but that's the one category I'm doing decent in, though not great. I have too many outfielders, but who goes? Davis? Is Calhoun worth hanging on to?

On the pitching side, Latos and Cobb are available but still on the DL. CC, Smyly and Kluber are available too. Wood has really struggled lately but is still getting strikeouts. Estrada has been mediocre. I feel like it's time for an overhaul.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Chavez seems like a prime sell high candidate. I'd rather keep him and drop a spare hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            I can not get out of the bottom of the standings. I'm not in last place but not far from it. I've made a bunch of recent pickups and now have a pretty decent infield. My team right now:

C - Gomes

Smith needs to be dropped and Hart probably does as well. Farnsworth not far behind.

The free agent list contains some decent players but I'm not sure how much of an upgrade they can be; Prado, Gyorko, Villar, Ozuna. Lots of speed but that's the one category I'm doing decent in, though not great. I have too many outfielders, but who goes? Davis? Is Calhoun worth hanging on to?

On the pitching side, Latos and Cobb are available but still on the DL. CC, Smyly and Kluber are available too. Wood has really struggled lately but is still getting strikeouts. Estrada has been mediocre. I feel like it's time for an overhaul.
                            I would be all over Latos and Cobb and Kluber. You can pick up Latos for Hart, DL him, pick up Cobb, DL him, pick up Kluber. I don't think Calhoun is worth a DL spot over either of those arms. You'll need to make some trades to clear some room. I think Wood is a prime candidate to be moved. Probably Neil Walker too. K Davis can definitely go. I don't love Gyorko but I think he has the potential to be better than what you have now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              I would be all over Latos and Cobb and Kluber. You can pick up Latos for Hart, DL him, pick up Cobb, DL him, pick up Kluber. I don't think Calhoun is worth a DL spot over either of those arms. You'll need to make some trades to clear some room. I think Wood is a prime candidate to be moved. Probably Neil Walker too. K Davis can definitely go. I don't love Gyorko but I think he has the potential to be better than what you have now.
                              Unfortunately, the free public leagues only allow one DL spot but I think I am going to pick up all three of those pitchers anyway.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post

C - Gomes

I think Rasmus, Davis, Revere, Calhoun, and Hart are expendable. No one is likely to grab them if you drop them.

Comment

Working...
                                X