Trade Help - Taveras/A. Cobb for Desmond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Help - Taveras/A. Cobb for Desmond

6x6 league (OPS, Quality starts are extra cats)

I've been offered:

My Ian Desmond ($7/1 year left)

for

Oscar Taveras ($5/1 year left)
    Alex Cobb ($5/1 year left)

No extensions available on any of the players. I think I'm getting pretty good value but I'm already pretty set on my keepers so I'd have to cut one and SS depth isn't great going into the auction.

What do you guys think?

I'd rather have Desmond if it's for this year only.

Comment

Desmond.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

also agree. tavares doesn't have a starting job (or even a well-defined role), so for only 1 year this isn't worth it.
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Not even close. I'd rather have Desmond. And I'm a Cardinals fan.

But I'd doublecheck with the commissioner to make sure I understand the rules first and that there's no strange rule about "if Taveras doesn't make opening day roster, you can keep him another year."

Comment

No question in my alleged mind--keep Desmond.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
              Not even close. I'd rather have Desmond. And I'm a Cardinals fan.

But I'd doublecheck with the commissioner to make sure I understand the rules first and that there's no strange rule about "if Taveras doesn't make opening day roster, you can keep him another year."
              Unfortunately no rule like that.

I may have mis-worded it, all the keepers have 1 more year in addition to this year so I'd have them next year as well (but no extensions can be given after that).

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                I may have mis-worded it, all the keepers have 1 more year in addition to this year so I'd have them next year as well (but no extensions can be given after that).
                I still don't see that Taveras is much of a keeper. And I'd rather have Desmond than Cobb, so I'll stay with Desmond.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                  I still don't see that Taveras is much of a keeper. And I'd rather have Desmond than Cobb, so I'll stay with Desmond.
                  Having them for two years makes Taveras and Cobb more attractive, but I'd still take two years of Desmond over them.
                  Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Unfortunately no rule like that.

I think that is a huge difference. I like Oscar a lot and I think Cobb is good as well. If it was for just this year, Desmond is the obvious run away choice. But for 2014 and 2015, I'd probably take the deal. This is especially true if you think you have a better shot at a title in 2015 than 2014.

Comment

I would keep Desmond too. No guarantee that Taveras is a monster even in 2015, though I do believe he gets there eventually. Desmond is a really good SS on a really good deal. Keep the sure thing.

Comment

Thanks all - going to stand pat for now

Comment

Working...
                        X