Stick a Fork in Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick a Fork in Him

Johan Santana threw for 7 teams on Monday and his fastball topped out at 81 mph, with most pitches in the 77-79 mph range. You could probably find better arms at your local carnival. Perhaps he has something deep down left in the tank, but why have a showcase if you're not even close to ready?

If that's his best, it's time to put up the glove and start teaching young pitchers.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
      If that's his best, it's time to put up the glove and start teaching young pitchers.
      How to throw slow?

Comment

Two words: Jamie Moyer. I believe Johan Santana can and will make a team and pitch until he's 45.

I also believe that Madonna has Elvis' body stashed away and brings him back to life to ask him questions about what it was like to be a real star.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

My summer team is looking to add another pitcher. Does anyone know Johan's number? We can offer him a place to stay and alcohol.

Comment

Dating myself here, I remember owning a young Johan Santana in an AL-only back when the Twins delayed putting him in the starting rotation. Heck of a pitcher he was.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
              Dating myself here, I remember owning a young Johan Santana in an AL-only back when the Twins delayed putting him in the starting rotation. Heck of a pitcher he was.
              Free Johan Santana!!! I am sure most people here remember this. I don't think you're dating yourself around these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                Free Johan Santana!!! I am sure most people here remember this. I don't think you're dating yourself around these parts.
                We are all old.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  We are all old.
                  Some of us are REALLY old.

I knew I was getting up there when guys started retiring whose fathers I'd seen play as rookies.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

I heard Santana's fastball bounced off a scout's car window

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      My fastball resembles a Bugs Bunny changeup.

-- William James

Comment

prompting the scout to write "Still has live arm. Can throw it over the batting cage, past concessions, and into parking lot with ease. Might be losing some control of his primary offering."

Comment

The worst part was when the scout's wife, who was waiting in the passenger seat, didn't even flinch. I thought that was pretty cold. ;0
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

After all this in his comeback, having just been added to the Orioles roster (on the DL), he tears his achilles tendon and is lost for the season.

Comment

I don't own him (i gambled $1 on him last year) but wow! The poor guy is falling apart.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X