X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Hamilton on crutches

"no reason to rush back"
    "take it a week at a time"

Out "minimum of two weeks" with Scioscia optimistic he'll be ready for Opening Day.

Comment

He's 33 and has always been injury-prone, even apart from the slumps. Not the best contract the Angels have ever entered into.

That said, if his name comes up in an auction and the bidding is low enough, I'm in. He can do great things.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        He's 33 and has always been injury-prone, even apart from the slumps. Not the best contract the Angels have ever entered into.

That said, if his name comes up in an auction and the bidding is low enough, I'm in. He can do great things.
        When is your draft? We need to know if you win him, DQ... ;-)
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
          text me and let me know if he wins Hamilton... I think I've got dinner reservations that night.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
            I haven't checked to see if he's available, but it could be in as many as three leagues. There's no way I buy him in that many, of course. I'm foolish but not stupid.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

I got him in the 11th round of the AFL draft in November
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Is it wrong that when I read the thread title I thought "Booze & Cocaine"? Too soon?
                "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                  Is it wrong that when I read the thread title I thought "Booze & Cocaine"? Too soon?
                  I hadn't thought that way, but now that you mention it, one could see it like that. If he had fallen off the wagon, whether alcohol or drugs, I'm sure it would have gotten a lot more publicity.

Your initial reading is not necessarily wrong, but it does go against the liberal "think the best of everyone no matter what the evidence" rainbows-and-unicorns mentality.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                  X