2k15: Tyson Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k15: Tyson Ross

This guy is really grabbing my attention heading into drafting season...he's very cheap due to a low win total from last year, gets a lot of Ks (8.6 k/9) and plays in a favorable home park. I recently read a decent look at him on fangraphs, but would like to hear from you guys. Am I wrong to be developing a man crush here?

What says the pen and the Pads fans?

I think he could be a late round steal. He had a 3.06 ERA, 1.06 WHIP and 9.3 K/9 as a starter, and if he can do something in that neighborhood, the wins will also come. I guarantee you he'll be on most of my redraft teams!

Comment

I am keeping him at $10 in our 12 team NL only 5x5. $260 budget.

How about 3.25 era, 1.25 whip, 185ks and 12 wins.

Comment

Went as the 30th costly SP in last week's CBS NL-only auction at 10 dollars, so you can't count on him lasting until the end. I was happy to land him here in the mixed mock at about SP no. 70.

Comment

Well, he pitches in SD, which hides a multitude of sins. And, he has the prospect pedigree. And, he has MLB numbers that hint at some upside. Add that together and that looks like a pitching target if I've ever seen one. He won't go for cheaper than $10 in any draft I'm in because I'll go at least that high. I have him for $1 in two leagues, already. He looks to me like a guy that could be had for a #3 price, but give #2 results.

Comment

Is he in the rotation? Yahoo isn't showing him as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Dans View Post
              mlbdepthcharts shows him as the #4 starter, behind kennedy, cashner, and johnson.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Then I'd be looking at picking him up.

Comment

He seems to be the guy with helium this year. Hopefully, it pans out for the guys that draft him or (as is probably the case in most keeper leagues) keep him. I recall really trying to get a certain pitcher named Erasmo at this time last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dans View Post
                    100% in the rotation.

Tall, lanky (but sturdy) guy who seemed to really put it together late last year. Was really, really impressed watching his starts after he was re-inserted back in to the rotation in July. Victim of some poor run support (which probably won't change much this year).

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                      Went as the 30th costly SP in last week's CBS NL-only auction at 10 dollars, so you can't count on him lasting until the end.
                      I wonder where he'll rank in 2015 expert auctions/drafts. I have an outside chance at trading for him and wanted to get everyone's take. What's not to like? He struck out 9 per 9 IP, pitches in San Diego, and is young.

NL SP:

1) Kershaw

2-4) Strasburg-MadBum-Cueto - I assume nobody would argue Ross deserves to be in this group?

5-20) (in order of 2014 K's, for no good reason other than didn't want to forget anybody*) Greinke-Kennedy-Hamels-Ross-Burnett-Wheeler-Teheran-Zimmerman-Lynn-Wainwright-Santana-Liriano-Wood-Arrieta-Lackey-Gio Gonzalez.

Does he deserve to be in that class? Toward top of that class behind Greinke and Zimmerman only? Did I forget anyone?

*I left out Miley and Leake

Comment

I am thinking Teheran and Ross are pretty even. Last years stats would put Teheran slightly ahead of Ross.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I am thinking Teheran and Ross are pretty even. Last years stats would put Teheran slightly ahead of Ross.
                          Biggest difference is: Teheran actually plays for a team that can hit their way out of a wet paper sack.

Padres rumored to be going after some "big bats" this offseason, but the result will be the same and Ross will have to throw perfect games and hit home runs himself to get Ws

Comment

Wins aside, Ross's control scares me a bit more than JT too. I like Ross and think he was a legit break out, but last year probably represents close to his upside, and some regression is likely. JT can and very well may improve. I'd rank Ross a tier below the likes of JT.

Comment

Working...
                            X