NL Only Keeper Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only Keeper Help

Long time RotoJunkie fan and it's great to have baseball back!

10 team NL 4X4 keeper league (no Ks or runs). Historically, hitter inflation is through the roof in this league, top pitchers go for true value, medium/upside pitchers can be had at a deal in most cases.

We get to keep 7. S2 keep for same price S1 Can keep for same for one more year or you can extend at 5 dollars per year.

* means he was traded for last year in a dump deal and must be kept

Heavily leaning towards these 6 and not extending any of them.
    Segura 14* S2
    Puig 10 S2
    ​Wainwright 15* S1
    Medlen 5 S1
    H Bailey 7 S1
    A Chapman 3* S1 ​

​The choices for the final spot
    Gattis 7 S2
    Yelich 10 S2
    Gio Gonzalez 14 S1
    Craig Krimbel 22 S1
    Chris Johnson 7 S2
    Brothers 1 S2​

Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks

I think I would go with Gattis assuming youre in a 2C league. There are some solid options there but I go with Gattis.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      I think I would go with Gattis assuming youre in a 2C league. There are some solid options there but I go with Gattis.
      Yes sorry forgot to say standard 14 hitter (2C) 9 pitcher lineups

Comment

I think I would keep Gattis over Medlin and then make Kimbrel my last keeper. This is a 4x4 where saves are bit more important. You lock up two of the best closers for $25 which pretty much insures you of 9 or 10 points for saves going in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I think I would keep Gattis over Medlin and then make Kimbrel my last keeper. This is a 4x4 where saves are bit more important. You lock up two of the best closers for $25 which pretty much insures you of 9 or 10 points for saves going in.
          this, plus why wouldn't you extend Wainwright?
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            this, plus why wouldn't you extend Wainwright?
            If I'm reading it correctly, Wainwright is going into his second year and no extension decision is necessary this year. If I'm wrong, then I agree with fresno, extend Wainwright a year.

I'm torn between keeping Gattis and Kimbrel. If you keep Kimbrel, you can spend the early rounds of the auction throwing out closer after closer, knowing you already have a killer combo in Chapman and Kimbrel. If you keep Gattis, you can afford to wait and get a mediocre $1 C2.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Agree with the six you are leaning toward, and I'd keep Gattis as the seventh. Kimbrel tempting, but I see more savings in keeping Gattis (roughly $20-$7 vs. $30-$22)

What I'd really be trying to do is trade Gattis+Yelich+Kimbrel for <One Better Keeper>
              Last edited by james33; 02-21-2014, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Keep Gattis at 7 because as a catcher he fills a position that is tough to replace during the year although I really like Kimbrel at 22 as well. If you did not already have a closer, I would lean more toward Kimbrel. The best move is to trade both as james33 notes, but I suspect with only 7 keepers in a 10 team league that will be tough to do. I would think that most owners already have 7 worthwhile keepers and would be unwilling to do a 2 for 1 trade

Comment

I also like Gattis as a catcher more in 10-team NL-only leagues than 12-team NL-only leagues. You end up having a lot more scrubs at all positions in 12-teams, whereas the handful of teams who end up with backup catchers end up with a more glaring weakness in 10-team leagues, since the UTs often are still halfway decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I love the idea of the Kimbrel/Chapman combo, but I wouldn't dump Medlen, either. With that kind of list, a 2-1 somewhere has to be in order.

Comment

Working...
                    X